VERY happy to report that Faux Finish is back home with me!

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

Jorge

Re: VERY happy to report that Faux Finish is back home with

Postby Jorge » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:49 am

Jorge wrote:
TrueColours wrote:I would love to find a nice TB stallion locally to breed both mares to ....instead and keep searching for the perfect TB colt or stallion to buy specifically to breed to both mares

This has really been a dream come true for me to get Faux Finish back home once again ... :)

Regardless the fact that the resulting foal coat color may whiten with age (in the worst scenario), anyway, I understand that the following horse beautifully qualifies in several categories.

SNOWBOUND PAISLEY (Gray H 2002) http://www.pedigreequery.com/snowbound+paisley

Would really like to see the expectation that would be generated if FAUX FINISH is ultimately :D bred to him.

This is not the first time I have noticed the presence of Zulu Tom, who seem to be a strong phenotypical stamper. Then, it is not quite typical
of a gray to pass on such a great deal of high leg markings on his gets along with his blaze. Grays tend to be far more conservative in their ways of passing on white markings, regardless of the fact that these are independent genes. His pedigree in general is interesting.
Whether or not the resulting foal happens to be a gray, I would consider
such a cross without hesitation. Both are quite special creatures.

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:55 am

I wouldn't use up a good mare year breeding to a grey if you are looking for color. How about this guy:
http://staging.stallionregister.com/sr_ ... no=7179378
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:40 pm

that particular stud may be gone, but check out that cutie Not Bourbon!

http://www.norseridge.com/horses/not-bourbon-1721.html

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:47 pm

If KY is not too far, Blue Eyed Streaker is available. He is a really nice horse.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:50 am

Im looking for a specific "type" of TB stallion that should produce a conformation hunter type. Weather Warning I like for an event or possibly jumper type - not at all for a conformation hunter. Blue Eyed Streaker should produce the colour but not the conformation and build I am looking for

Snowbound Paisley would be more the "type" I am looking for and Not Bourbon - who knows? There is nothing but a race picture to judge him from ...

Thanks for the suggestions! :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:39 pm

TrueColours wrote:Im looking for a specific "type" of TB stallion that should produce a conformation hunter type. Weather Warning I like for an event or possibly jumper type - not at all for a conformation hunter. Blue Eyed Streaker should produce the colour but not the conformation and build I am looking for

If his fee ever comes down to earth, Milwaukee Brew? There's a gelding of his at the barn where I ride. Cute honey chestnut, good hunter movement (but pigeon-toed, don't know if that is from MB or his dam), three high whites and a blaze.