My re-purchase!

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

My re-purchase!

Postby Derby Lyn » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:26 pm

Sitting on the couch with a broken arm, bruised ribs and bruised kidney has gotten me into some trouble. Sitting around too much looking at horses for sale! I have been hesitating to post this, I wanted to wait until he got home. I just can't wait any longer! I am too excited. I would be more excited if I could ride him when he got here, but the dr. says not until November :?

I bought back Smoked Gold, I owned him when he was a yearling-3 year old, and had to sell him when I got divorced. He has really grown up and filled out nice. I haven't seen him in a while but his current owner took a nice video of him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR2xn-9l ... JDD295lFSA

I don't have many pics of him right now. My avatar is of him as a foal.
And for some reason I can't get photobucket to work. Anyone else having issues with it?

He will not be sitting around breeding many mares. He will be going to the Royal Winter Fair. And next year I will be showing him as much as I can. He is by Five Eighty Four, and out of Brightest Gold, who is by Bright White, and she is also the dam of Electrum.

Truly
Allowance Winner

Postby Truly » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Congrats on buying him back :)..I didn't know you'd sold him though lol

He does look like he has matured nicely :)

Electrum says 'Hi Bro !' from across the pond :)

Hope you heal quickly x

HeadlessHorseman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby HeadlessHorseman » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:12 pm

SORRY you're laid up ON THE COUCH....BUT WAY TO GO.....I'm glad you GOT YOUR MAN BACK.....I can't wait to see more pics of him...

HOW EXCITING FOR YOU!!!!

HH :)

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:25 pm

You nut!!! :lol: You just had to go and buy another one didnt you, since you had nothing better to do sitting around healing?!

You sound like me now ... :wink:

Congrats Katie - I know you always liked him a lot. How very fitting that he's back home with you once again :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:13 pm

Thanks everyone! He was always the sweetest and well mannered stallion. I was always able to keep him turned out with my other geldings and my paint stallion with no fights. And I glad to hear that he has kept that same great attitude. I will get pics when he gets home.