Flashy filly!

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Flashy filly!

Postby summerhorse » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:35 pm

http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-522319

http://www.pedigreequery.com/callas9

What does Jockey Club Registration transferred out mean?

How can you tell from one start if a horse will be any good? Maybe it needs more distance or a different surface. Or a better trainer!
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

accphotography
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby accphotography » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:01 pm

Oh me likey! Forget racing for her!

aethervox
Allowance Winner

Re: Flashy filly!

Postby aethervox » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:10 pm

summerhorse wrote:What does Jockey Club Registration transferred out mean?

How can you tell from one start if a horse will be any good? Maybe it needs more distance or a different surface. Or a better trainer!

On their web site it states:

JOCKEY CLUB TB PAPERS- WE DO NOT HAVE ANY PAPERS. ONCE A THOROUGHBRED BREED IS DONE RACING THE TB IS TRAINSFERED OUT OF RACING AND INTO THE SHOW WORLD. THE PAPERS THAT GO WITH THE TB SHOW HORSE IS A BILL OF SALE. AFTER YOU RECIEVE A BILL OF SALE YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE JOCKEY CLUB.

Also on the web site it says she is "2009 16 HandThoroubred Filly. To slow to race. Very quiet and safe."

LB
Eclipse Champion

Re: Flashy filly!

Postby LB » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:23 am

aethervox wrote:On their web site it states:

JOCKEY CLUB TB PAPERS- WE DO NOT HAVE ANY PAPERS. ONCE A THOROUGHBRED BREED IS DONE RACING THE TB IS TRAINSFERED OUT OF RACING AND INTO THE SHOW WORLD. THE PAPERS THAT GO WITH THE TB SHOW HORSE IS A BILL OF SALE. AFTER YOU RECIEVE A BILL OF SALE YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE JOCKEY CLUB.

You can take pretty much anything you want to the Jockey Club but it won't get you papers if they don't come with the horse.

Derby Lyn
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Derby Lyn » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Are they saying that you have to purchase new papers? I think it only hurts the horse when they are not sold with papers.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Derby Lyn wrote:Are they saying that you have to purchase new papers? I think it only hurts the horse when they are not sold with papers.

The only way that the Jockey Club will allow a new owner to purchase papers is if they have a signed, notarized statement from the previous owner whom the JC recognizes as the last holder of the papers detailing how they were lost (and it had better be a good excuse.) Otherwise no replacement papers.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Derby Lyn wrote:Are they saying that you have to purchase new papers? I think it only hurts the horse when they are not sold with papers.

The duplicate registration certificate fee is $150.

HeadlessHorseman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby HeadlessHorseman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:22 pm

I had to get new papers for my mare....I had to trace her tattoo....then have a signed bill of sale....and send in new pictures of her....

HH :)

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:33 pm

It's about time that the JC steps up and makes it so the owner can "bar" the horse from racing. It is bad for the horses to be sold without papers, it can be the last tremelous thing between safety and disaster. I know papers don't make the horse but like it or not in the US they are important.

Anyway I think she is cute!
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.