Back to Pedigree Query
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:22 am 

He was 80-1 and ran 17 lengths behind the next to last horse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:59 pm 
Allowance Winner

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Video/Ra ... _4,00.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:54 pm 
Allowance Winner

angrovestud wrote:
Leigh I I have watched he race on racing post he was 10th out of Ten

Oh dear that's even worse :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:26 pm 
Grade III Winner

On one hand, maybe he should have not raced if he were not training well, but if he never tried, another large portion of the racing people in another country,
would not have known the frame overo existed. Great advertising for colored TB's still I think, we all just have to keep trying to breed faster colored TB's, and
continue to try and make a win happen somewhere!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:08 pm 
Maiden Special Weight

and please don't give up ! first races are always a bit ankward...but I see many people getting their coloured TBs to race, come in last and then give up...they don't make them run again..... which sadly contributes to a general feeling that they are bad racers.

this one Modern Society I feel was too young for his first race... I know racing as 2-y-o is the rule, here in Spain it is too... but with a horse like this I would rather wait a little more to ensure he is totally grown up and prepared. Plus it could also help to start them in minor races, Kempton Park is "big time" (I think the phrase is correct, mind me if not) ... don't know if I make myself clear...

There are other racecourses in England that hold "smaller" racing. I would go there, and if the horse makes a good start and deals easily with it, then take him to a higher level.

and if I still come in last, continue training harder for the next, and wouldn't retire the horse until I got one nice result at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:34 pm 

Jorge wrote:
Tairaterces,

Thanks for posting the news! :D

MODERN SOCIETY (Brown c 2010) http://www.pedigreequery.com/modern+society2

Thanks for bringing up again this quite interesting thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:17 pm 
Grade III Winner

r3b3l wrote:
and please don't give up ! first races are always a bit ankward...but I see many people getting their coloured TBs to race, come in last and then give up...they don't make them run again..... which sadly contributes to a general feeling that they are bad racers.

this one Modern Society I feel was too young for his first race... I know racing as 2-y-o is the rule, here in Spain it is too... but with a horse like this I would rather wait a little more to ensure he is totally grown up and prepared. Plus it could also help to start them in minor races, Kempton Park is "big time" (I think the phrase is correct, mind me if not) ... don't know if I make myself clear...

There are other racecourses in England that hold "smaller" racing. I would go there, and if the horse makes a good start and deals easily with it, then take him to a higher level.

and if I still come in last, continue training harder for the next, and wouldn't retire the horse until I got one nice result at least.

You are very smart, this is what anyone should do to give them a fair go at running!