Panoramic

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

Sunday Silence

Panoramic

Postby Sunday Silence » Tue May 21, 2013 7:41 pm

Where is he currently standing?

SpecialEffects
Maiden Special Weight

Re: Panoramic

Postby SpecialEffects » Wed May 22, 2013 5:32 am

Sunday Silence wrote:Where is he currently standing?

Libya.

If you're looking for a black (EE) sabino stallion, I do know of a nice one standing in Southern Ontario. :)

Sunday Silence

Postby Sunday Silence » Wed May 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Libya?!

SpecialEffects
Maiden Special Weight

Postby SpecialEffects » Wed May 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Yes ...I wasn't kidding. He and 2 mares were sold to Libya and it was presented as a great place. I guess Benghazi is from a different Libya.

But out of the range for live cover.

Poor bugger, I hope he and the mares are ok

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Thu May 23, 2013 4:41 am

Sunday Silence - Panoramic was sold to Libya to a client of mine back in the fall, along with 2 mares I found for him.

We are in contact constantly on FB and via email. Panoramic is doing very very well, the mares are in race training, Panoramic is settling a lot of mares and according to his owner "he is the most popular stallion in Libya" and he is veyr happy with him

He is going to be coming to North America in the fall and is looking for more TB's to buy - 2-5 year olds, to put into the fledgling race program there.

There are many parts to Libya that are very different from what we see on the news. :) The Libyan government is putting a lot of money into building up a very new race industry, they are putting up facilities to support it and are looking for staff to assist them - veterinarians, blacksmiths, industry professionals, etc

A friend of mine's husband is in the oil industry and he was stationed in Libya on rotation - 6 weeks on and 3 weeks off and he said it was one of his favorite places to work. Friendly people, never felt threatened, but he also worked in the area where there was no fighting and it was more agricultural and wasnt in a major city.

So yes - Panoramic IS in Libya but is alive and well and very much treasured and well looked after :) but just no longer accessible to North American mare owners

His son - Artic Blue - is in CO and is a lovely black based TB stallion owned by Jen Tarr (Stonehouse Meadows). I have sent a lot of mares to him that wanted to breed to Panoramic but were unable to do so any longer. He is a fabulous stallion - 16.3-17hh, and showing in the jumper ring currently. Airdrie Apache dam line ...

Let me know if you need contact information for him :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Thu May 23, 2013 6:11 am

Here is the link to Artic Blue - the black based Panoramic son

http://stonehousemeadows.com/stallions.html

As well as being Dominant White, he also appears to be "hiding" the splash gene (underneath all the white) based on some of the foals he has thrown so far which "appears" to have come from Panoramic as it wouldnt have come from the Airdrie Apache line

He's a lovely stallion - I wish he was closer, but for those of you on the West Coast with TB mares, or those with non TB mares looking for AI, he is a fabulous choice for a tall, black based TB stallion that should produce a lot of chrome on his babies. And the stud fee is VERY reasonable as are the collection or breeding costs as Stacey Tarr is a vet and he keeps the costs down to a minimum to help the Mare Owners out as much as possible.

Jen Tarr bought my Champagneandpearls filly (perlino out of RFF Pearlescent and by Guaranteed Gold) and also the Luminescent filly (cremello out of Pearl and by GG) and I believe the plan is in the future to breed both to Blue which should be an amazing cross! :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Thu May 23, 2013 5:11 pm

TC bought one of the mares that shipped to Libya from me. She is also black, so if the return to racing doesn't work out well, I understand that she will be bred to Panoramic, over there, as well. Her name is Crown Land.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Thu May 23, 2013 5:35 pm

She was 5th in her first race out Maureen and I am trying to help them sort out what distance she was best at. They go in metres, we go in furlongs (of course) so had to go and do some calculations! :)

Thats exactly the plan. If she makes a successful return to racing - thats great. Otherwise she will be having a date with Panoramic instead :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com