France Go De Ina's white belly spot

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

jellac
Grade I Winner

France Go De Ina's white belly spot

Postby jellac » Thu May 13, 2021 7:04 am

In the pre-Preakness news for losing his jockey during his morning workout on the track, I noticed him having a prominent irregular margined white spot just past the girth strap on his right side. He also sports four 'high' white feet with jagged margins above the ankle, just below the hocks/knees.

France Go De Ina (WILL TAKE CHARGE x Dreamy Blues/CURLIN) was bred in Kentucky and comes to the Preakness as an entry from Japan.

I tried to copy/paste the photo I saw but it would not transfer - you can find it here on today's Pawlick Report:

https://twitter.com/paulickreport/status/1392616338594615300?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Re: France Go De Ina's white belly spot

Postby Toccet02 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:42 pm

I noticed that! Plus I'm not a chestnut fan, but his shade is pretty striking. I'd love to know where on earth his name came from!
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sun May 16, 2021 3:53 pm

I noticed something similar on a stallion in England - Pearl Secret. I had researched and found a name for it, but can't find it now... if I do I'll post.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Tue May 18, 2021 2:53 pm

Thanks Toccet & Joltman - I wasn't really sure I was seeing the 'belly spot' and then wondered what it's called when it's not on their belly?