Cheltenham

Discuss racing outside the USA.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, K~2, Jorge

wallinga
Restricted Stakes Winner

Cheltenham

Postby wallinga » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:59 pm

The festival kicks off in just over a fortnight... watch out for the mighty Kauto Star to make it three Gold Cups. Does anyone else have any interest in the other races?

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:23 am

A hefty bet on Medermit in the Champion Hurdle at 14/1 now 9/1.

Kauto should walk the Gold Cup, there are just no opponents to him, there is a real lack of top level talent in the 3m chasers at the moment.
Has been the way for the past 6 years now.

wallinga
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby wallinga » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:33 pm

Poor old Kauto fell, but Imperial Commander was a worthy winner

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:41 am

Yes Medermit was dissapointing also.

Don't think Imperial will repeat next year, Kauto wasn't that bad the jockey on him is a clown, Ruby Walsh must be the most over-rated jockey in history.

Carlo Algatrensig
2yo Maiden

Postby Carlo Algatrensig » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:10 pm

Only managed to back one winner all week which was Big Zeb in the Champion chase.

A fantastic week of racing though and I'm starting to prefer the national hunt racing because you see the best horses come back for multile seasons unlike the flat and being sent off to stud after 2 years on the track.
"Best Mate is a Villa fan"

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:22 am

[quote="Carlo Algatrensig"]Only managed to back one winner all week which was Big Zeb in the Champion chase.

A fantastic week of racing though and I'm starting to prefer the national hunt racing because you see the best horses come back for multile seasons unlike the flat and being sent off to stud after 2 years on the track.[/quote]

Carlo I agree with you on your last words. The public needs longtime favorites. But as I can see, in the USA horses race longer and the sheiks also let their horses run a few years more.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.