Camelot wins classic English 2000 guineas

Discuss racing outside the USA.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, K~2, Jorge

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Camelot wins classic English 2000 guineas

Postby erins isle » Sat May 05, 2012 9:37 am

Camelot, ridden by Joseph O'Brien wins the English 2000 Guineas!
Son of the late Montjeu.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=162870

I bet: in a few years there will be a Sir Lancelot .......
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

Carlo Algatrensig
2yo Maiden

Postby Carlo Algatrensig » Sat May 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Although he only won by a short distance today hiss performance was exceptional in my opinion. Held up something like 8 to 10 lengths off the pace set in the early stages by the group on the stand side he travelled well before making smooth progress and coming to lead in the last 1/2 furlong and actually going away at the finish line. It makes me think he will be better over further and so I'm hoping he will go on to an even better performance at the derby in 5 weeks time.
"Best Mate is a Villa fan"

Barbaro06
Grade I Winner

Postby Barbaro06 » Sat May 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Nice race...love his name. That was the name of the pony I rode as a kid when I first started taking riding lessons. :D

And what relation is Joseph O Brien to Aiden?
A horse gallops with his lungs
Perseveres with his heart
And wins with his character. --Tesio

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Sat May 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Joseph is Aiden O'Brian's son. He won last year's BC Turf on St. Nicholas Abbey also trained by his father.
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Camelot

Postby Bettina » Sun May 06, 2012 3:56 am

Hello,
Camelot traces back in the female line via "Budagyöngye" (by Buccaneer)to the famous race mare Kincsem.

This branch had already a "Classic Winner" , her name was Polygamy (by Reform, won English Oaks.), the 4th dam of Camelot is a FS. Budygyöngye won the "German Derby " in 1885.

Her own sister "Ollyan-nincs" is the 4th dam of the foundationmare Winnica (by Kottingbrunn). She founded the German strain of the Kinsem family and is still very succesful.

Fam. 4-o Well Made (C) by Mondrian, Well Proved (F) by Prince Ippi, Wauthi (C) by Authi, Wahnfried (C) by Flamboyant Zahrat Dubai, Polygamy:
Well Known (Königsstuhl) - Well Proved (Prince Ippi) - Well Tamed (Tamerlane) - Walzeroperette (Orator) - Wache (Chilone) - affenart (Alchimist) - Winnica (Kottingbrunn) - Orsza (Gouvernant) - Tempete (Dunure) - Szende (Ruperra) - Ollyan-Nincs (Buccaneer) - Kincsem (Cambuscan)

Regards, Bettina

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Wed May 09, 2012 12:39 am

Thanks Bettina, very interesting!!
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:25 am

Camelot won the Epson Derby today, in great fashion. I hope they point him for the last race of the Triple Crown. Maybe this year we will have two TC winners, no less.