Fairmount Park takes positive steps.

Discuss horse welfare and rescue and horses in need of assistance.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Diane

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Fairmount Park takes positive steps.

Postby Shammy Davis » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:51 am

One of worst stable areas I've ever visited was the backside at Fairmount Park. The conditions were deplorable. I was delighted to come across this bit of information.

http://www.trfinc.org/Fairmount-Impleme ... n-c37.html

Lisann
Allowance Winner

Postby Lisann » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:24 am

Yeah, but don't try to get a horse put into the RACE program outside of the racing days.

From the ilhbpa website:
"August 14.....Remember, only horses currently racing at Fairmount Park are eligible to be taken into the R.A.C.E. program. After the meet ends on Saturday the 15th, we will still be glad to take a picture and put your horse on our web-site in an effort to sell it or find it a new home. But we will not take the horse from you until we start racing again next year."

I will give the props for trying.

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:01 pm

There is always a wrinkle. One step forward while taking two steps back.

merasmag
Yearling

Postby merasmag » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:20 pm

lol...they aren't a charity...if u read the article u c people running r putting money into it (or were asked 2)....just leave them at the gate if they're that lame...they wont go anywheres

tammysinnett
Starters Handicap

conditions...

Postby tammysinnett » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 am

I visited Fairmount Park about a month ago...in fact I have pics on here of a two year old that is training there. If you have not been there recently it might shock you. Last time I went there it was looking pretty rugged...this time things had been cleaned up allot!! In fact when I drove though I was really actually amazed that things looked so clean. I walked through the stall areas and again looks like someone is making an effort to make things nicer there. One thing I was disappointed in the Cafe was closed down ...so no where to grab a bite to eat. Even the shed row...that use to have laundry etc hanging from the windows and doorways had none of this..... there were fans on horses and stalls looked actually a little larger than some tracks I have been too...so now I am comfortable with the place. Before like you said I had my doubts but now it really looks like someone cares. I think they are really trying and this program means that atleast they are giving an effort. I support Fairmount because I think they really do care to stay open and are trying everything to do that. They need us to help them ....I now have three babies there training..they are two year olds and they seem to be happy and I quarantee I am a picky person to their care. Please everyone if you know of ways to help this program make suggestions...they need your support. Thankyou Tammy