we are looking

Discuss horse welfare and rescue and horses in need of assistance.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Diane

mini's mom
Allowance Winner

we are looking

Postby mini's mom » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:41 pm

for a thoroughbred gelding - not to old 9-l5 years, not to fast - would be used as a companion horse and very light trail riding. Must get along with other horses and little children. The other horse is a 2 year old fresian/quarter horse mix. He needs a buddy. The owner has other animals ie cats, dogs, chickens and a pair of frerrits -

the horse has to be healthy and sound - we are in new england - thought of a rescue first as it would help out a horse

thanks

minis mom

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:28 pm

I have an interesting one for you,he is a chestnut gelding 8yrs old,I swapped him for a wheelbarrow last month as I felt sorry for the horse and he was going to Quebec for meat as I understand. He is sound and I was going to send him to a farm for 3 months and see if he trained well in the spring as I have raced plenty of older horses with success before. He is kind and loves company and to be honest I have too many horses on my hands, of course he is not a trail horse yet by any means so that may be against him Let me know if you are interested as I am a long drive from you ,near Pittsburgh.

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:41 am

see

http://forums.delphiforums.com/alexbrow ... =53290.120

still 25 horses looking for home right now at Camelot they are waiting to be shipped for meat.Some real nice ones,tattoed Tb's,QH, i love that appaloosa,#733 would make wonderful track pony #733 look at him,get him out!!!
If i had the $ now i would get him,but i just bailed 7 TB's out...that nobody wanted...
By the way if you want a TB for the price of documents i have quite a few...and one or two that with some food and care can still run...
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:43 am

Oh and camelot is in new jersey not far from you...
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...