HPAF in Ocala has a bunch of TBs to place

Discuss horse welfare and rescue and horses in need of assistance.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Diane

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

HPAF in Ocala has a bunch of TBs to place

Postby summerhorse » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:31 pm

http://hpaf.org/index.html

Some nice young horses, good project horses.
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:51 am

http://hpaf.org/available.html

they do have some beautiful Thoroughbreds and seem very reasonable to work with.

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:53 am

I would also like Fuzzy Butt if anyone wants to give me a late BDay gift :)

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:48 pm

On the Hop has some positives going for her. Not too awful old, yet has foaled a half dozen orso, given the situation not the best of opportunities. For Pa fans, she has two by Cetewayo, one of which ran on 12/10 in a Md.30k at TP on the lead with fairly quick fractions finishing fourth. Will probably improve off that.

Her dam was a SW. Green Dancer has been BM sire of some top runners around the world - turf types going a distance of ground. You fans of German bloodlines might find her interesting. Dam's BM sire was Our Native who has some interesting bloodlines and was running with Sham in the Year of Secretariat.

If she vetted out, might be an interesting possibilities for somebody with a stallion wanting some foals on the ground. Might consider if not so far away...

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

Shannon
Starters Handicap

Postby Shannon » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:33 pm

FYI, for sport horse breeders, Green Dancer is quite liked in Europe as a sport horse sire, and one of his sons was accepted into one of the studbooks to refine the breed (I want to say Hannoverian??).
A woman needs 2 animals in her life-the horse of her dreams, and a jackass to pay for it!

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:57 am

Starlet dancer has lots of sprinters,horses with good turn of foot close-up in her pedigree,may be for race QH breeders?
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...