RESCUE IS IN DANGER

Discuss horse welfare and rescue and horses in need of assistance.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Diane

gufman4
Weanling

RESCUE IS IN DANGER

Postby gufman4 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Buck Creek Valley Rescue is in danger of being closed due to financial strain. If there is anyone out there that would be willing to donate to help keep this facility open please visit their web page at http://www.buckcreekvalleyrescue.org

gufman4
Weanling

Postby gufman4 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Please Help !!!!!

I ask each and everyone of you to please sign the online petition.

http://www.buckcreekvalleyrescue.org/#!save-buck-creek-valley-rescue/c1vku

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:55 pm

less than 100 signatures....so sorry for the horses
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

gufman4
Weanling

Postby gufman4 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks Sylvie, please pass info along, we are on facebook. We would love to be your friend, share our story , our successes. If at all possible please donate. PLEASE EVERYONE HELP US IN OUR FIGHT.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=nAnSPk_sj2DI9sw3kYBIVfkMH-d6py1KTzhhBHyh2s6OY6l5ip_zGAI9bDS&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d0b7e678a25d883d0fa72c947f193f8fd

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:39 am

You will have some money from me by the end of tomorrow. Gotta go to the bank and Sunday they are not open!

LET'S HELP THESE INNOCENT HORSES, PLEEEEEEEEEESE! They were brought into the world by humans, cannot humans help them now? They are at humans' mercy. God Bless them, and God help them please!
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 am

gufman, just to let you know (don't know if its my computer or Paypal) but I clicked on there and it said basically ERROR.

Can you re-check that so when I send over some cash it goes through?

Everyone on here...can ya afford ten, fifteen, twenty bucks? Please? Its for the innocent horses.

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:03 pm

Something else I'd love to know: who BRED all these horses that are in peril?

Did they "stand around a stallion" saying he's the next Secretariat?

If so where did the money go? I hope and pray the law finds out.

AND, come on BIG FARMS WHO STAND AROUND DOZENS OF STALLIONS EACH YEAR!!! Let's reach into the till and help out!! WE ALL know you have the money to do it. You are not fooling us. These are innocent animals that could possibly meet a horrible end.

Indiana is right next to KY, so come on, all you farms, too many to name, they need your help. Sign that petition, donate at least anywhere from twenty-five to a hundred dollars, and this goes for the big time owners as well. YOU HAVE THE money, let's help these poor babies. It's not their fault they are in this prediciment, it is at the hands of greedy human breeders. Do we have to write and/or call each of you? If so I will because I have your names and numbers on a sheet.

Let's get going!!!

ps: Sylvie, I will be calling and emailing all my horse friends, and even those that are not in the horse business as they all love animals. We'll get some more signatures as well. Thank you for what you do. :)

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:20 pm

First of all, they are trying to raise money so that y'all can buy them a farm. It does not say they are closing due to financial strain.

I wonder, if I put up a nice website like that, if you horses lovers out there would send me some money so that I can pay off my mortgage? I have 22 horses here; I rescued TB's for YEARS and still have, in my broodmare band, one mare from the killpen.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:00 pm

erhrdt3 wrote:Something else I'd love to know: who BRED all these horses that are in peril?

Did they "stand around a stallion" saying he's the next Secretariat?

If so where did the money go? I hope and pray the law finds out.

AND, come on BIG FARMS WHO STAND AROUND DOZENS OF STALLIONS EACH YEAR!!! Let's reach into the till and help out!! WE ALL know you have the money to do it. You are not fooling us. These are innocent animals that could possibly meet a horrible end.

Erhrdt, did you go to their website and see what they are? They don't have hundreds of starving thoroughbreds poured out by the evil kentucky breeders. They have 31 horses, mostly mustangs, miniature horses, and mixed breeds, all happily munching hay and waiting to be adopted. They need money to keep the farm, and pay expenses. Madelyn is right.

For you to start shouting again at all breeders as being irresponsible, it just leaves me angry. I am a small breeder, and yes I have dealt with a rescue just like this one, except they dealt solely with thoroughbreds. They were very successful at getting OTTB's adopted, and I donated a substantial amount of money to them, not that I need to disclose that.

I just think that before you start shouting and swearing at us all (again) you should get your facts straight so you don't look like an idiot.

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:20 pm

I am speaking of all rescues. I read the story on the LA horses. And there are too many horses being bred. Look up in the right hand corner. You can get a beautiful mare or gelding for a measly five hundred bucks!

I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I care what I can do to help these animals. What's the saying? Pictures don't lie? Is that was it is? And did I read about them finding several 'shallow graves'? Hmmm?

If you help horses and help rescue them, God Bless you!!!!!! You know, I've just gotten to the point where I can't absolutely see any more animals of ANY breed being starved to death. Those photos sure look like that's whats going on to me...

If there were not a problem, there would not be anything posted. So why don't all you naysayers and breed breed breeders send some money money money to help buy some hay, pellets and veterinary care for the remaining animals, no matter WHAT kind of animals they are.

And what the deal with the dude still racing horses out of that farm? That's an honest question, is he still really doing that, affliated with the farm, etc? Inquiring minds want to know.

In any case lets help any of them that need help. Sylvie is right.

By the way, Madelyn is a nice person and truly cares about her horses and would not let them starve. So don't anyone say or imply that she might.

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:46 pm

erhrdt3 wrote:By the way, Madelyn is a nice person and truly cares about her horses and would not let them starve. So don't anyone say or imply that she might.

Madelyn is certainly not the issue here. I referenced Madelyn to point out to you that maybe you didn't have all the facts. I was agreeing with her. Making a comment like the one above shows how you get excited and confused, and casts aspersions upon me, since I was the only one who referenced her. Before you start shouting, take a deep breath.

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:56 pm

docojoy, i was not specifically 'yelling' at you, so relax, I'm gonna get the ones that starved those horses that photos were taken care of.

Don't know you, you seem cool, so calm down and watch some football..

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:59 pm

erhrdt3 wrote:docojoy, i was not specifically 'yelling' at you, so relax, I'm gonna get the ones that starved those horses that photos were taken care of.

Don't know you, you seem cool, so calm down and watch some football..

Sigh. This is the pot calling the kettle black.

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:05 pm

another thread where erdrdt3 is yelling. I wish he would yell and scream in my face like he does on this message board

Jane
Allowance Winner

Postby Jane » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:32 pm

erhrdt3,

Please show me were anyone is for a moment saying that Madelyn is not caring for her horses.

The people on these boards are not the people you should be yelling at, get a grip. I don't know anyone who posts here that is in favour of horse abuse and starvation.

The offensive and accusatory tones in your postings are not helping you or your cause. Might want to rethink your strategy.