Why did all the AQPS horses disappear?

Specific input regarding the pedigree side of the site- generating reports, compiling data, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

SemparQuel
Maiden Special Weight

Why did all the AQPS horses disappear?

Postby SemparQuel » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:28 am

I mean horses winners of group 1 races, too!
I definitely think that a winner of the Grand Steeple-Chase de Paris, or of the Cheltenham Gold Cup, of the Aintree Grand National Steeple-Chase, and so on, has all rights to be included in this database

SemparQuel
Maiden Special Weight

Re: Why did all the AQPS horses disappear?

Postby SemparQuel » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:44 pm

Let's look at an exemple.
PINEAU DE RE won the Grand National Steeplechase of Aintree in 2014.
He wasn't a pure thoroughbred. His sire MARESCA SORRENTO was a thoroughbred, but his dam ELFE DU PERCHE wasn't.
Her seventh dam ENGLANTINE, born in 1904, was registered in the Selle Francais stud-book.
Ok: let's avoid to include "impure" horses in this database, let's put him in the brother site "All Breed Horse p.d.".
But if anyone has the insane curiosity to know the parents of the winner of the Grand National Steeplechase of Aintree in 2014,
at least you ought to redirect him to the brother site.
Of course this solution implies that the brother site "All Breed" includes all the thoroughbred horses having one non-tb descendant who won a group race.
Don't you think that to admit some "impure" subjets in the pedigreequery.com db is definitely easier?

SemparQuel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby SemparQuel » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:02 am

After one full year, I'm still waiting for a reply...

SemparQuel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby SemparQuel » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:38 pm

In my humble opinion.
The best solution of the problem has two legs:

1> The stakes races db included in the Thoroughbred Database ought have links to the All Breed Database
The winner of the Grand National Steeplechase of Aintree in 2014 is the non-thoroughbred PINEAU DE RE, registered in the All Bread DB.

2> The All Breed DB ought have links to the Thoroughbred Database
PINEAU DE RE (All Breed DB) is from ELFE DU PERCHE (All Breed DB) by MARESCA SORRENTO (Thoroughbred DB)

SemparQuel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby SemparQuel » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:18 am

The second leg of my last post (a link from the All Breed DB to the Thoroughbred DB) could be very useful for american Quarter Horses, too.
A high percentage of them are indeed part Thoroughbred.
The All Breed DB so wiil not need to include all the thoroughbred horses included in the genealogy of a quarter horse

SemparQuel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby SemparQuel » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:36 am

The same as above for Angloarabians, Sport Horses and so on.
Any horse with a thoroughbred ancestor could be inserted in the All Breed DB avoiding the insertion of ALL his thoroughbred ancestors
if only a link could be made from the All Breed DB to the Thoroughbred DB.

SemparQuel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby SemparQuel » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:49 am

Still No Answers.
Not to fukk me off either.

SemparQuel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby SemparQuel » Thu May 26, 2022 3:11 am

Have I to write some swear words to deserve an answer or a comment?
I do know some of them...

SemparQuel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby SemparQuel » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:38 am

Really no one is interested in the subject?
I'll explain my idea once more.

Maybe someone here hates non-thoroughbred horses, and doesn't want them to be listed in this site.
These horses, they say, have to be listed in the brother site of the All Breed Pedigree, instead.
Ok. Let's do so. But some of them won, or placed in, some very important group races, especially jump races.
So, the Stakes Races database of this site ought to be able to hook their pedigrees, even if stored in the AllBreedPed db.

Furthermore, most AQPS winner horses, are quasi-thoroughbred, i.e. horses who are 'impure' only in the female line.
And much the same way, many Quarter horses ans Sport horses have several thoroughbred ancestors.
So, to avoid that the AllBreedPed db be forced to include all their thoroughbred ancestors who are already included in the TBPedigree db,
let's this db have links to that.

Elementary, Watson. Or not?