Advice for a better site

Specific input regarding the pedigree side of the site- generating reports, compiling data, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

MadEyeJude
Newborn

Re: Advice for a better site

Postby MadEyeJude » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:39 am

Hello everyone :)

I'm also new to this forum, even though I'm using PQ for years.
This might be the wrong place to say, but it would be nice to have some sort of "welcome page" where new members can say hi or maybe ask questions.
I was kinda lost at first especially when you try to post specific information.
So this is also my hello all post :D If there is a sucha topic already, I didnt find it...

I try to add Japanese horses and their offspring to PQ, since so many good horses have been sold there over the years and sometimes its hard to keep track when they get sold again.
I'm from Germany, so my native language is not english ;) So forgive any spelling, grammar or other errors in my postings :D

I have also a suggestion for the new site:

please add Qatar (QA) to the option for country of birth when you add a new horse.
I came across this problem when I was trying to add offspring from mares who sold to Qatar.

Maybe I'm gonna start a new topic about horses in Japan, since I already came across a few mares I could not add any information because the records are locked.
Some of the information was quite out of date, so it would be nice to change that.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:00 pm

Welcome to the pq forum! :D If TBs are being bred in Qatar then it does need to be added to the list of nations in the db here. That would have to be done by the site owners. If you'll post the names of locked entries with records in need of editing/updating someone on the research team will unlock them for you.

MadEyeJude
Newborn

Postby MadEyeJude » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:50 am

Pan Zareta wrote:Welcome to the pq forum! :D If TBs are being bred in Qatar then it does need to be added to the list of nations in the db here. That would have to be done by the site owners. If you'll post the names of locked entries with records in need of editing/updating someone on the research team will unlock them for you.

Thank you! :D
So I better make a new topic regarding the horses bred in Qatar?
I would add some more horses bred there but thought I should stop until there is an option for the country.

The horses bred in Qatar are owned and bred by Sheikh Abdullah Bin Khalifa Al Thani.
Some of his horses are located in different studs in France but he has a stud in Qatar as well, Umm Qarn Stud.

http://www.ummqarn.com/ummqarn/umm_qarn.php

The site is pretty good, it has information about horses in training and also the stallions, mares and their offspring.

Fiftydollarsmore
Newborn

Postby Fiftydollarsmore » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:55 am

Hello from another new member to the site.

My initial query is 2 fold I suppose:

1) Is it possible to export pedigrees from the site to Excel?

2) If there isn't that function could someone advise of their experiences in trying to do so, both positive and negative! Is there a particular format or layout that works best?

Many thanks
FDM

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:25 pm

I was unsuccessful with plain Excel It is probably possible to create a Lotus spreadsheet and write an import macro that would work. I settled for creating a landscape format document in Word that accepted pedigrees without messing up the format.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....