Debrett (Secretariat x All Beautiful) 1975 gelding

Ask members about Thoroughbred lineage and other related information.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Lucy

jurneeka
Suckling

Debrett (Secretariat x All Beautiful) 1975 gelding

Postby jurneeka » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi all - I have posted the above horse's pedigree on the database as I noticed he was not listed. However, wondering if anyone could 'fill in' additional information on him.

All I know about him (other than his lineage, of course y'all know that he is a maternal half-brother to Arts & Letters and that he was one of Secretariat's first crop) is from the book "The Secretariat Factor" (published in 1977 or '78 - very interesting reading if you haven't had a chance to check it out, your library might have it). He was mentioned in passing in "Tarnished Crown" (which was primarily about Chief's Crown's 2 and 3 YO season, as well as racing in general) as 'ending his career in claiming races'.

Although he looked a heckuvalot like his sire from the two photos I have seen of him (both in Secretariat Factor) apparently he did not have the running talent of his daddy - his breeder then decided to geld him, I believe as a late 2 YO or 3YO. If anyone has his racing stats and can put 'em up with his pedigree, I would highly appreciate it as I have wondered about him! Thanks. :)

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:46 pm

His record has been added - 12 wins from 111 starts over seven years. :)

jurneeka
Suckling

Postby jurneeka » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:25 pm

Thank you SO MUCH for adding that info :) I've always been curious about his history...especially since he looked so darn much like his dad.