Need a mare's produce record and progeny on DB cleaned up

Ask members about Thoroughbred lineage and other related information.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Lucy

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Need a mare's produce record and progeny on DB cleaned up

Postby vineyridge » Sun May 31, 2009 11:47 am

The mare is 1997 Well Born (GB) by Owington out of Abbey's Gal.

Someone was using the DB for hypomatings. There might be no offspring at all.
Thread Killer Extraordinaire

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Sun May 31, 2009 12:58 pm

Well Born checks out. The only problem w/ the produce shown here for Abbey's Gal was a dual entry for her '02. It's been deleted and I added her '95 b c, Grand Cadeaux. She also had an unnamed '96 b c x Inchinor. Info taken from BRIS which shows 'no report' for '98 through '01. Since Abbey's Gal is a GB mare and all named produce was foaled there, she may have other produce that didn't make it into the BRIS db.

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Postby vineyridge » Sun May 31, 2009 3:10 pm

The progeny page that I get for Well Born shows four 2006 foals by Tahakaan and two 2004 foals, one by him and one by Royal Abjar.

That just can't be right for a TB. :) Even with twins. Unless she had a January set of twins and a december set of twins in 2006.

Equineline doesn't have any of the progeny listed in the database except Princess Ozden. I know Well Born is in Turkey, which probably does make things difficult. :)

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Sun May 31, 2009 4:03 pm

vineyridge wrote:The progeny page that I get for Well Born shows four 2006 foals by Tahakaan and two 2004 foals, one by him and one by Royal Abjar.

That just can't be right for a TB. :) Even with twins. Unless she had a January set of twins and a december set of twins in 2006.

Equineline doesn't have any of the progeny listed in the database except Princess Ozden. I know Well Born is in Turkey, which probably does make things difficult. :)

oops :oops: Thought you meant Abbey's Gal - and tracking down her produce was sooo much easier :wink:

The Turkish JC has Princess Ozden and Ebu Taha, but none of the other produce listed in the db here, and yes for all of them to be Well Born's would be unusual to say the least, unless they're doing embryo transfers over there.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Sun May 31, 2009 5:45 pm

The two PZ mentions are legit; the rest have all been deleted.

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Postby vineyridge » Sun May 31, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks. I do keep running into the strangest things in my chasing research.

Are these fakes from sim games?

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:20 pm

Sometimes it's sims...or virtual racing games, model horse 'breeders', etc. Other times it's people stealing the hypo-mating function (which is even more dumb now that there are sites that offer it free :roll: ). Either way, a huge chunk of the already limited time I have to spend here is wasted in deleting phonies.

A few years back there was a kid adding made-up horses, complete with unreal race records (a two year old winner of the breeders' cup classic!) and outrageously dramatic bios....the best was for one that died and was 'reincarnated'. Twice. :shock:

Of course, one does have to be careful.....occasionally, an entry that looks fake is really a legit horse from a country Bris & Equineline don't carry.