*Wave Of Eire

Ask members about Thoroughbred lineage and other related information.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Lucy

[email protected]
Maiden Special Weight

*Wave Of Eire

Postby [email protected] » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm missing ASB Volume 14. I think that is where the imported stallion *WAVE OF EIRE (Bay 1919) must appear in the imports section. I only find him in the GSB XXIV, pg 150 and ASB XVIII pg 1126 under "Deaths".

I would like to know, if possible who imported him and their location.

He was a US Remount Stallion and was only bred to unregistered mares...he stood in Colorado and in Arizona.

Thanks, Pat

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Hi Pat,
*Wave of Eire is not among imported stallions entered ASB 14, nor in the index thereof.

[email protected]
Maiden Special Weight

Postby [email protected] » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks for checking....The only think I find on him in the ASB is his death in 1939. Pat

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Pat,

I was also looking at this horse. He shows up in the pedigree of Wavy appaloosa,

The allbreed database shows WAVE OF EIRE 1919 x Plaudit's Lass (1948) giving rise to Wavy (1940). Somethings is wrong here. Any idea where the problem is? IF Wave of Eire died in 1939, he could have sired Wavy born 1940. However that leaves the time travelling mystery of Plaudit's Lass.

[email protected]
Maiden Special Weight

Postby [email protected] » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm in the process of pulling all my notes from some 45 years together on these "Wavy" horses. Last evening, it dawned on me, after looking at all my old notes...that one of my old clients, his family had some *WAVE OF AIR mares. I of course immediately emailed him, got an answer right back and he is talking with his father and gathering all the info his dad can remember on this stallion. He will also see if there a photos to share, but he thinks that they may have been thrown out by some of the family, who did not care about such things. When I am done, I will be happy to report all my findings and where they came from.

*WAVE OF EIRE was a Remount Stallion and was never bred to Jockey Club registered mares, therefore he has no JC foals....but there are unregistered mares used in Appaloosa, Paint and Quarter Horse programs.

I did find two of his foals that were registered in the Half-Breed Stud Books.

More to come on this subject. It's funny how all of a sudden everyone is interested in the horse *WAVE OF EIRE. Makes things more exciting!

I have just finished entering all my information documented in the different Stud Books, by scanning the information; along with some letters written to magazines on the subject of *WAVE OF EIRE; as well as his Remount history.

Might I ask, what struck your interest in WAVY (dam of RED PLAUDIT) and *WAVE OF EIRE at this particular time?

I also have to send a question to Frank Holmes...as I think he may have been the one who put a note on the WAVY (dam of SKY HI, APSHA).

Pat

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:15 pm

Just one of those weird coincidences. I'm adding some Appaloosa sport horses to the sport horse database--love that site--And since the WAP horses are pretty well known as sport horses have started with that family. And of course one thing leads to another and I've been verifying and adding the TB side of assorted Pedigrees. Equineline.com is great for this kind of info.

Stopped on Plaudit's Lass, the dates are wrong, and she's in as Plaudit Lass (In the Sport Horse Database) Before notifying them of an error, I'd like to figure out that there was an error to begin with. Were there two mares, Plaudit's Lass, and Plaudit Lass?

This isn't a paying gig, but since I've use the database for research on other projects, figured it would be the best way to "pay it forward"

Another mystery, at the sport horse site there is the standard photo of Domino--the one we've all seen a bunch of times. However, someone has added a new photo--not Domino, there is only one white leg. It does have a sort of family look, so in running down Domino line horses, ran across Iron Mask, a grandson. The racing photo shows a leggy horse with one white hind foot. Maybe the same mystery horse?
Just haven't gotten around to starting a thread on this little mystery. But I'd love to have some other folks take a look and see what they think.

[email protected]
Maiden Special Weight

Postby [email protected] » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Yeah...the PLAUDIT LASS is the wrong mare. Guess we should take this to ABDB when talking about QH's, Ap's, etc. PAT

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Postby vineyridge » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:31 pm

There is a woman in VA who purchased the Remount Stud Books. I will look and see if I can find her contact information for you.
Thread Killer Extraordinaire