Wrong Gohanna mare

Ask members about Thoroughbred lineage and other related information.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Lucy

cissiny
Yearling

Wrong Gohanna mare

Postby cissiny » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:41 am

Hi all,

When I looked at this Gohanna mare, I realized something must be wrong considering the information? Wrong dam and maybe incorrect progeny?
http://www.pedigreequery.com/gohanna+mare

I was looking for the dam of Spermaceti, who is the dam of the stallion Piccadilly (1828 GB, by Reveller) who was exported to France. According to Stud Book Francais volume I, the dam of Piccadilly is Spermaceti by Whalebone out of Gohanna mare (out of Catherine, sister to Colibry/Colibri). Family 11 I think, no idea about YOB for Piccadilly's dam or granddam though...

Any ideas? :)

Thanks in advance,
Cissi in Sweden

parlo
Grade I Winner

Postby parlo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:16 am

cissiny
Yearling

Postby cissiny » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:24 am

Thanks Parlo, very useful site, I look at it now and then :)

The problem is though, that the information added to this mare belongs to the Gohanna mare from family 3, out of Fraxinella. Not sure if the progeny is correct or mixed up for these two mares?

And I still don't know much about the Gohanna mare (out of Catherine) that is the dam of Spermaceti?

Most important IMHO is is the progeny info for these two Gohanna mares (the one out of Catherine compared to the one out of Fraxinella) is correct? Is it only the "info" that is mixed?

Best wishes,
Cissi in Sweden

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:32 am

cissiny wrote:Most important IMHO is is the progeny info for these two Gohanna mares (the one out of Catherine compared to the one out of Fraxinella) is correct? Is it only the "info" that is mixed?

It appears that someone simply remarked the wrong Gohanna mare in the db here. Spermaceti belongs under Kate6.

cissiny
Yearling

Postby cissiny » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:51 am

Thanks Pan Zareta! :)

Pan Zareta wrote:
cissiny wrote:Most important IMHO is is the progeny info for these two Gohanna mares (the one out of Catherine compared to the one out of Fraxinella) is correct? Is it only the "info" that is mixed?

It appears that someone simply remarked the wrong Gohanna mare in the db here. Spermaceti belongs under Kate6.