A29

Ask members about Thoroughbred lineage and other related information.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Lucy

pistol
Weanling

A29

Postby pistol » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Not a research question but just curious, it looks like A29 is represented by "40" now? Or is that a particular line that changed? I looked at Take a Stand line which is most common for that line. I have not read anything about that, except that it was found that A29 belonged to the same haplotype as some other lines. Just going from memory I think it was some ff9 lines, 2-f, some ff12 lines.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Re: A29

Postby Pan Zareta » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:38 pm

pistol wrote:Not a research question but just curious, it looks like A29 is represented by "40" now? Or is that a particular line that changed? I looked at Take a Stand line which is most common for that line. I have not read anything about that, except that it was found that A29 belonged to the same haplotype as some other lines. Just going from memory I think it was some ff9 lines, 2-f, some ff12 lines.

A29 is still A29. Someone just decided to cleanse the database of its taproot and move its population to family 40. :evil:

You have a good memory. The A29 mtDNA haplotype (L1a) is also expected for family 27, in descendants of Sister to Sloven (9-b,9-c), in fam. 12 descendants of the Whiteshirt Mare, and in fam. 2-f descendants of Persian Maid (1947). See: http://www.bloodlines.net/TB/PedigreeMa ... ealogy.htm