Progeny records not found

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Colonel
2yo Maiden

Progeny records not found

Postby Colonel » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:19 am

Everey time I browse the drop down for progeny, I get the "Progeny records not found" message. It happened a few days ago also, but went away. Is this my settings causing this, or the site?

Thanks,
Colonel

austique
Grade I Winner

Postby austique » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:18 am

The horse may have progeny that aren't listed in the site. Its no unusual to find a mare that you know has foals, but none of them are entered on the site. :wink:
I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else. ~ Daria

Colonel
2yo Maiden

Postby Colonel » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:46 am

No, you don't understand...I checked over a dozen. I could pull up the pedigree page of a horse, but clicking the dam for progeny info resulted in the error. It seems to be ok again.
Colonel

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:15 am

I had that happen the other day, then went back later and it was fine again.

I did quite a bit of entry Sunday, and didn't experience the problem (I use progeny all the time to verify the horse's existence in the DB).

This morning, Monday, it's saying horses have no progeny. When I 1st tried today, there was even a short message above the normal box saying it's "temporarily unavailable". But it's still not working quite yet.

Linda in TX
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Linda in TX » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:37 am

This site sometimes takes on a life of it's own.

The absent progeny records tends to occur more often in early morning than at other times during the day. But it does happen frequently.

It's also not uncommon to type in one name, press enter, and have another name/pedigree pop up.