Wrong Cinderella

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Wrong Cinderella

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:55 pm

Hello again guys. This time, I see that Herald 1889 is out of Cinderella of American Family 20, NOT old Family 21. The Cinderella should be 1877 by Catesby, per Bloodlines.net.

I couldn't change this glaring error because he has too many progeny. I've tried to do an end-run around it by simply erasing him from all those 6 pedigrees (if it were more than that, I would've just come here to beg right away), changing his ped then updating those offspring again. I'm quite sure this has worked before, but even though I've changed the sire of all 6 Herald 1889 is still reading them because I get the "sorry locked" message still.

Don't know if you can update him, or maybe I should just wait a day to see if he can be changed once the offspring "updates" lock in.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:29 pm

You have to wait until the database updates before that'll work.....or you can do it the easy way - PM me! :) I'm able to adjust horses with progeny.

Herald's pedigree has been checked against the one at Bloodlines, and is now locked. :)

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:57 am

http://www.bloodlines.net/TB/Families/A ... ilyA20.htm

Herald 1889 is in A20. His dam Cinderella here is shown as she by Catesby, NOT the famous dam of nasty Hastings.

Is there somewhere else you were looking to find this Herald?

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:11 am

Lucy wrote:Herald's pedigree has been checked against the one at Bloodlines, and is now locked. :)

Lucy, Herald's breeding is correct on Bloodlines' Silvertail Mare - A20 page, but if you looked in the obp db, that one's wrong (probably an error from the original db import). The correct Cinderella isn't even in there, nor is her dam (I'm about to correct that). I don't have :evil: ASB vi, where Herald is likely showing (p.303) under the produce rcd. of Cinderella x Catesby, but Herald's sire Kyrle Daly stood in CA, and as far as I can determine from rcds. at hand, Cinderella x Tomahawk was never anywhere near him, and Herald is shown in the 'mares listed by their sires' section of several of my later ASBs as x Kyrle Daly - Cinderella x Catesby.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:49 pm

Thanks - Herald's fixed now, again. That's what I get for looking in BL's 'back door'. ;)

Did you fix him over there, or should I get on that later? I might be logging in there later anyway...I'm waaaay behind on both sites. :shock:

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:52 pm

He's fixed over there too. :D

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:07 pm

Danke. :D