Updating of Family-Numbers

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

parlo
Grade I Winner

Updating of Family-Numbers

Postby parlo » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:50 am

Some days ago I corrected the tap-root of a mare in the db. This correction led to a redefinition of the family-number (from 8k to 14f).

But still I find the old and wrong family-number. Did I do something wrong during correction of the error?

Mare is Cosmea by Bandit, her tap-root-mare Kundgebung got the right dam (Ksarina, 1926, by Ksar instead of formerly Ksarine, 1935, by Ksar).

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:01 pm

If I recall correctly, the female family # update happens about the 22d of each month. So perhaps you corrected Cosmea's tf shortly after the last time that happened(?). All individuals under the correction will show up properly in progeny lists and female family reports, but they won't have the correct family number associated with them until the next update.

parlo
Grade I Winner

Postby parlo » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:39 am

Thanks a lot - this should be the explanation. I dated my correction, so I'll follow it's procedure in October.