data that doesn't show

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

data that doesn't show

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:57 pm

Hi, another question.

Why do many of the things under the "editing" section for changing info on a horse's entry NOT ever show up for the DB entry?

E.g., "conformation notes" NEVER shows up; neither do foal data/stats. etc. You can type in things for these but they never appear.

As a result, in case someone might have entered it in the editing blanks, 1 has to go into editing mode to see them! They don't appear in the actual entries.

Just something else that bugs me. :?:

Lucy

Re: data that doesn't show

Postby Lucy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:11 pm

the Ol'Line Rebel wrote:Hi, another question.

Why do many of the things under the "editing" section for changing info on a horse's entry NOT ever show up for the DB entry?

E.g., "conformation notes" NEVER shows up; neither do foal data/stats. etc. You can type in things for these but they never appear.

Foal data does show up in the pedigree displays, though not on the horse's individual page. Subscribers can see that data, along with the race record, for every horse in the first three generations.

As for conformation notes....I have no idea. :roll: Perhaps it was intended to be part of the display at some point, and was just never activated. I heard that some horse owner raised a stink about a less-than-flattering depiction of his horse's conformation, perhaps that is why....or maybe it's just an oversight.