Reading Race Results Help?

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Hopeful Hunter
Newborn

Reading Race Results Help?

Postby Hopeful Hunter » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:51 pm

I need help understanding the following headers at the top of the lifetime race record I have.

They are as follows and I have filled in what I've been able to guess :
Date : The date the race happened.
Track and Race # Track abbreviation and the race # for that day.
Dist/Furl - The distance in furlongs.
Trk/Con - I think this means the condition of the track, but the acronyms are not easily translated.
Race/Type - ?
Value of Race - Is this the total amount of the purse, split between the top placers?
Weight in Lbs - What the horse had to carry, tack and jockey?
PP - ?
FP - ?
Lengths - Is this how many lengths the winner won the race ahead of the 2nd position horse?
Earned - I assuming this means what the horse you are seeking info on actually earned in the race.
Winner's Time - The winner's time, (that one wasn't so hard)
Claim Price - This I don't understand at all.
# RN - ?

And then below there is a Leader's Time list with three different sets of numbers, not sure on that either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:49 pm

You did a good job guessing! :) Here's a webpage that explains the charts really well -

http://www.drf.com/flash/drf_pp_tutorial.html

That should answer the rest of your questions....but if not, just holler. :wink:

Hopeful Hunter
Newborn

Postby Hopeful Hunter » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:47 pm

Ahh, thank you! This was a great site. I was able to answer almost all of my questions.

Could you give me an understanding of the claim price piece of it though? I saw Dreamer, :D , but I still don't understand what that means exactly. My horse's race record shows a claim price on all of his races. Does that mean that in each race he was available for someone to claim for that price? How exactly does that work?

Thanks again so much!

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:16 pm

Hopeful Hunter wrote: Does that mean that in each race he was available for someone to claim for that price? How exactly does that work?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Any other trainer at the meet could have bought him out of the race for the price listed.

I'm sure any of the owner/trainers around here can flesh this out more, but in a nutshell, if someone wants to claim a horse, they fill out a form before the race. The claims are not announced until after the race, but once the gates open, the horse is considered sold - even if it doesn't finish, the new owner has to pay up.

If more than one person has placed a claim on the same horse, then the winner is drawn at random (a "shake").