Incorrect spelling

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Incorrect spelling

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:12 pm

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php? ... p=0&f=1&l=

This is the proper spelling of this horse.

Unfortunately, I found she has a "sister" :wink: who uses only 1 N - "Schonbrun". I cannot erase that entry or correct those offspring because each of the 2 offspring - SCHLESWIG & SENECA - have too many offspring themselves. So I cannot change them to having the correct dam spelling, and erase this wrong spelling.

Can anyone do anything? This kind of duplication drives me nuts. A waste of memory.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:24 pm

Fixed. :)

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:38 am

Thank you. Now I have another related question!

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:26 am

Uh oh - same kind of question for horse in same family:

SCHWARZKUENSTLER vs. SCHWARZKUNSTLER.

Cannot delete latter (who had fewer displayed foals) because some of its foals have too many offspring themselves.

Would prefer to have just 1 entry, in this case preference to the former name spelling!

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:24 pm

Equibase has him as SCHWARZKUNSTLER. What is the source for the alternate spelling?

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:21 am

Lucy wrote:Equibase has him as SCHWARZKUNSTLER. What is the source for the alternate spelling?

Actually my source had that spelling too. But as I think I noted, that is undoubtedly the simplistic "English" spelling ignoring the German umlaut - it would have not a plain "U", but a "Ü".

The English "translation" of "Ü" is "UE". This is likely why the entry I "want" appears as it does, because some English-based source converted the u-umlaut into "ue".

I really don't care about the spelling; each is acceptable in a manner of speaking. I'm just going by which horse has all the offspring. As we know with all these posts, PedQuery isn't fond of deleting horses with "more than 3" offspring.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:09 pm

That being the case, I will switch the foals over to SCHWARZKUNSTLER's entry. Umlautted 'U's come up as invalid in the database (I've tried :wink: ), so that is as close as we can get to the correct spelling.

I will lock the misspelling so that it directs anyone who does try to spell the name phonetically to the correct entry.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:13 pm

All progeny have been switched & should show up under Schwarzkunstler after the next site update. :)