To/Too Much Coffee Stakes

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

To/Too Much Coffee Stakes

Postby Heidilady » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:10 pm

Someone apparently can't spell and I noticed there's one race at Hoosier Park with two spellings that both have info for 2004 under them. Are there other results that need to go in there and if not, can the wrong race be deleted? I'm assuming somebody just can't spell "too" but didn't wanna assume If it's named after a horse and that horse was misspelled then who am I to judge?
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:34 pm

I can verify for you that it is "The Too Much Coffee Stakes," at least that's how the Hoosier Park Condition Book spells it!
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:41 pm

I've never had any luck deleting an entire race (it's one of those loveable database quirks... :wink: ). But, if you go to any one of the win/place/show horse's pedigree pages & select 'stakes races', you can delete the entry for that particular year.

I did that for the '04 'To Much Coffee'. The misspelled entry will still be floating around in the DB, but there's not much one can do about it right now.