Forbidden: "BETA" - is this another "oopsie&

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Forbidden: "BETA" - is this another "oopsie&

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:51 am

Hi, this is truly more technical than my last weeks' of whining.

I'm looking up a horse named "BETA". My family 19 horse was the #1 on the list, so I tried picking her. This is what I get: white screen with:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /beta/ on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) Server at www.pedigreequery.com Port 80

So, I'm not sure if this is YOUR server (for PedQuery) or mine at work. Or something like that. In any case, "beta" is definitely a common word in PC/network applications, so perhaps it is a problem with standard PC usage, and someone should look into fixing it so mare Beta #1 can be seen!

I'm wondering if this is along the lines of that "FORUM" trouble I mentioned some time back (horse #1 brings you - viola - to this forum!)!

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:47 pm

i just looked it up, and there are 14 Beta in the data base.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:01 pm

I see the same thing. She still shows up in her progeny's pedigrees, so the problem is in the link to her page.

This is definitely one for the 'techies', not a humble researcher. :wink: Have you tried emailing the webmaster?