Yen, Fanc, Dollars

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Roger
Grade I Winner

Yen, Fanc, Dollars

Postby Roger » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:24 am

I wanted to update Ski Goggle's offspring. She had them running all over the world. I took the Brisnet numbers thinking that they had been converted, but about half way down, I started thinking (a rare event) that maybe they were not converted so I stopped and came here for help. She has stakes winners all over too and I did not know what to do about them. Is there a right an wrong way to handle earnings and black type from other countries, or is Brisnet converting that for us. This old mare needs to be credited for all her influence. Help!

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:02 pm

I am fairly certain that Brisnet converts everything to $US....however, they do not include earnings from all countries. They include most of Europe, Japan, and at least the stakes races in Dubai, but not Australia, New Zealand or Argentina. Which is fine if the horse only raced in one country....but after that it gets a lil' complicated. :wink:

Their stakes records, happily, are more inclusive. :) However, they organize them in a rather screwball manner - wins first, then seconds, then thirds; and by year rather than the preferred by-age format (which makes fixing southern hemisphere runners a bit dicey).

Anyway, I just gave Ski Goggle's kids a once-over. Have a look and let me know if you have any questions. :)

Roger
Grade I Winner

Postby Roger » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:52 am

Lucy, thanks! Old Ski Goggle's kids are all caught up. Hey, she was a pretty nice old girl.