BEECHWOOD #8 CANNOT BE ENTERED?

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

BEECHWOOD #8 CANNOT BE ENTERED?

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi, very long time since I posted (and only lately a few attempts at pedigree additions). I had a baby in March, along with many "issues", so I took a long time getting into intensive stuff like this - still don't too much!

Anyway, I've entered some horses the last few days, and just now come across 1 the DB seems to think I'm "asking" for and it cannot find. But that is not the case. I'm trying to enter a new "Beechwood" gelding, and when I get to the part of having chosen the parents and it saying the pedigree has been added, please click here to see pedigree.... it gives me a strange screen saying it can't find BEECHWOOD8 and please click this link if you want to enter it, etc (I tried to play that game, but still end up at the same screen):

"Horse Not Found The horse BEECHWOOD8 can't be found in the database. Please check to see if you've made a typo. Please keep in mind that our database isn't always 100% complete. We rely on our users to add information and new horses. If you feel this is a valid thoroughbred that deserves to be included in the database, you're welcome to Add BEECHWOOD8 to the database by simply entering sire/dam information."

This had a box around it, incidentally. I rarely ever see this screen. It makes no logical sense for this situation.

Can this be fixed?

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:26 am

OK, now this is showing up multiple times under different horses. Something must be wrong with the DB's operations.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi OLR, Congrats on the new arrival! :D You've run into a glitch that's become rather common IME. Last I heard, Lucy didn't know of a way around it. Occasionally, if you wait a while (like a few weeks) and try again, the db will accept the entry. It's a royal pain. :evil: