Locked - Belle of Nelson - info

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Locked - Belle of Nelson - info

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:41 pm

Please add this info at least for this horse. She is chestnut, also, and was owned by a J. Matingly.

1879 (US): 3 0-1-1/$100<br>
2nd Nashville Cup (Nashville; dash)

I see no reason for this horse to be locked. She doesn't even show any progeny. Anyway, having a stakes recrd, she deserves to have some info show.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:38 pm

The info has been added. However, I did not give her black type yet - I need to look into whether the Nashville Cup was an actual stakes, or simply a named race. (PZ, any insight before I bury myself in racing manuals? :wink: ) Black type is a modern-day concept, so figuring out which 19th century races carried it can get dicey.

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:15 pm

So sorry, since I don't like to take the extra effort to find the "Stakes Race" button and find her info (hint, hint), I didn't notice she won the KY Oaks. Hence her locking.

Anyway, as far as Nashville Cup, I don't black-type horses unless I know the race is "important". I always thought black type doesn't count for just any stakes, but for those considered what would be high-grade today. Very esoteric, I know, but that's the way the "rules" seem to be.