Thong

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Thong

Postby Shergar » Sat May 30, 2009 6:30 pm

Don't know what the glitch is in the pq database, but it shows Thong as belonging to family 9e! Now even a dummy like me knows she is family 5h.

What is going on with the database?

Shergar (from the nutty as a fruitcake family)

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Sat May 30, 2009 9:41 pm

The issue is not with Thong herself, but rather with her ancestress, the Toxophlite Mare. By the look of it, someone messed around with her pedigree recently, switching her to a different dam that hailed from 9-e.

That issue is now fixed, but not every function of the database updates immediately - she won't appear in her real dam's progeny list for a day or two, and updating the family numbers for her and her descendants takes even longer (last I heard that script only was run once a month, as it's a massive, resource-hogging process).

In other words, it's fixed, but it won't LOOK fixed for a while. :roll: I did lock the pedigree of the Toxophlite Mare, so it doesn't happen again.

(BTW, I think we may spring from the same taproot mare... :twisted: )

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sun May 31, 2009 2:00 pm

Lucy;

Or should I say dear cuz?

I thought that may have been the issue. However, Goody Two Shoes is the furthest back in the pedigree that I was certain of.

Yes, that Nutty as a Fruitcake mare was very prolific.

Regards,

Shergar

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Sun May 31, 2009 5:38 pm

Shergar wrote:I thought that may have been the issue. However, Goody Two Shoes is the furthest back in the pedigree that I was certain of.

Easiest way to find a messed-up family number is work back along the tail-female line, checking the progeny lists of each mare until you find the beginning of the problem. Once it's narrowed down to one mare, fixing it is usually easy. :)