PLEASE POST ALL DATABASE ENTRY ISSUES IN THIS THREAD

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Re: PLEASE POST ALL DATABASE ENTRY ISSUES IN THIS THREAD

Postby Pan Zareta » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:13 am

BookieBuster wrote:ANIMAL KINGDOM is locked, but I wanted to add this:

2013 Highweight Older Horse (9.5-11f) in United Arab Emirates

Info added.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:13 am

BookieBuster wrote:ANIMAL KINGDOM is locked, but I wanted to add this:

2013 Highweight Older Horse (9.5-11f) in United Arab Emirates

Info added.

BookieBuster
Maiden Special Weight

Postby BookieBuster » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:45 pm

I noticed that Prized has none of his stakes wins and placings listed. Did someone strip them out, or were they never there to start with? Can you add them?

His black-type races are:

1st Breeders' Cup Turf S. [G1], Molson Export Million S. [L], Swaps S. [G2], San Luis Rey S. [G1], Arcadia Handicap [G3], Bradbury S. [L]
3rd Hollywood Turf Hcp. [G1], Silver Screen Handicap [G2], Tropical Park Derby [G2]
4th Jockey Club Gold Cup S. [G1]

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:09 am

Except for the 4th in the JCGC, the late Prized's many accomplishments may be seen by selecting 'stakes races' from the 'Reports' drop-down menu. His pedigree entry has been unlocked if you'd like to add the info there as well (select 'Edit Information' from the 'Maintenance' drop-down).

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Postby Miesque1973 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:23 pm

I've been trying to add the mare DAISY, foaled 1943, into the stakes database the winner of the 1946 Danish 1000 Guineas. I have managed to put her into the pedigree database, but she is not showing up in the list of fillies named Daisy to select as the winner. I can't figure out what the problem might be. Something must be wrong, but I'm baffled.

~Miesque
Friends don't let friends vote for Democrats.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:29 am

The max number of entries in the db for each name used to be 39. That was increased a while back but the stakes race db apparently hasn't gotten the memo. It recognizes only Daisy[1] - Daisy39, defaulting to that list even when "Daisy41" is specified in the "winner" field. I'll let the site owners know about this.

There were duplicate entries for Daisy 1943 by Chantilly, Daisy41 and Daisy42. The latter has been deleted. Daisy41 may be the same mare as Daisy40 ~1943, dam of Daily News9 1953 by Daily Mail 1943 who was foaled in GB & exported to SWE.

Is there a reliable source that can be cited for the name of the 1946 Dansk 1000G winner's dam as named Judy O'Grady and if so do you have any information as to dam's pedigree? TIA.

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Postby Miesque1973 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:04 am

I had found an Excel spreadsheet online with names of all Danish classic winners & sire/dam info (it's no longer online, though, to my despair). The folks over at Old Bald Peg group went over the pedigrees and unfortunately a lot just couldn't be found or completed, but the winners' lists do seem to be accurate.

Judy O' Grady's pedigree could not be found, unfortunately. I really doubt she's the one by Man o' War. LOL!

~Miesque

Lizard
Site Admin

Postby Lizard » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Miesque1973 wrote:I've been trying to add the mare DAISY, foaled 1943, into the stakes database the winner of the 1946 Danish 1000 Guineas. I have managed to put her into the pedigree database, but she is not showing up in the list of fillies named Daisy to select as the winner. I can't figure out what the problem might be. Something must be wrong, but I'm baffled.

~Miesque

This issue has been fixed. Go ahead and enter Daisy as the winner and let me know if you still have any more trouble.

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Postby Miesque1973 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:36 pm

Thanks.

i apologize for not having replied any earlier. My life became very chaotic in the past few months and I haven't looked up a stakes history or done any heavy research on anything besides medical issues (don't get me started) since the end of February. I'm just starting to get back into the swing of things, so to speak.

~Miesque

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Mon May 18, 2015 2:29 am

Could you please unlock BEECH TREE (1968) for me, to put in info?
Thanks very much!
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:23 am

Please delete the 2015 Sidney's Candy x Another G "My Inspiration" she has been renamed (her new record has been created with the new name)
Thanks

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:28 am

Thank you!

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:15 pm

Finest City is listed as having won the "Breders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint." It needs to be changed to "Breeders'*" obviously If we're gonna lock records, can we do a better job with the spellchecks? This isn't the first time I've seen this. I could fix it, but apparently we're being precious. I've been on this site long enough to know it wasn't exactly an epidemic of bad editing on all the big horses. The bigger problem is fake progeny created to essentially make hypomatings. You might not be able to access Secretariat's record but you can add a Somethingroyal foal which occasionally happens on here. I realize certain things like BC race winners get locked records, but I'm not sure how many people are gonna be tampering with Finest City's. At least wait a week or so to lock it.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:41 am

I just got the following info after trying to add a horse:

"Sorry, the horse name "IMPAZIENTE " doesn't match the database key, "IMPAZIENTE". This is probably because you tried to change the name of the horse after adding it to the database. In order to change the name of a horse, you need to add it again from scratch and delete the existing record of the horse."

I didn't try to change the name after adding it and there isn't an Impaziente in the database. I was trying to enter it from scratch in the first place, tried to do it again, and this happened. There's not an existing record to delete.

Impaziente is a 1996 mare by Big Reef out of Irish Cream (by Rich Cream) and was bred in Italy.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:31 am

Heidilady wrote:"Sorry, the horse name "IMPAZIENTE " doesn't match the database key, "IMPAZIENTE".

As you may have realized, since Impaziente is now in the db, the problem was the empty space at the end of the name.