Help!

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Help!

Postby Miesque1973 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:51 pm

How do you enter a horse into the database without an exact year of birth? There seems to be no way to do it, and I'm completely flummoxed.

Currently, I'm trying to enter the mare Hebe, foaled in Australia in the 1840's, by Camerton out of an unknown mare. I can't seem to enter her into the database without some kind of year of birth, but I don't *have* a year of birth.

How do you do it? What's the secret? Or is it impossible?

Help!

~Miesque
Friends don't let friends vote for Democrats.

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Postby Miesque1973 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:57 am

Another question - not that I'm really expecting any answer :(, which means that the horse I'm trying to add to the South Australian Derby stakes history will not be added...

I'm trying to add Auteuil (c. 1953 by Royal Empire-Lass O'Gowrie) to the database, but every time I attempt to add him, I get a message saying that he's already in the database and that I need to delete and add him again from scratch. Only he's NOT in the database. There's three other Auteuils, but all were foaled in different years and have nothing whatsoever to do with with the Auteuil I'm trying to add.

This is extremely frustrating and very annoying. What is the problem? Am I doing something wrong? It's bad enough that I can't even put in a horse when I'm not certain of his year of birth but I do have his sire and dam. :?

~Miesque

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:03 pm

Auteuil ('53 model) IS in the database..
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Re: Help!

Postby Sam » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:10 pm

Miesque1973 wrote:How do you enter a horse into the database without an exact year of birth? There seems to be no way to do it, and I'm completely flummoxed.

Currently, I'm trying to enter the mare Hebe, foaled in Australia in the 1840's, by Camerton out of an unknown mare. I can't seem to enter her into the database without some kind of year of birth, but I don't *have* a year of birth.

How do you do it? What's the secret? Or is it impossible?

You canNOT enter a horse without a birthyear. 'bout the only thing you can do with a horse that old is make an 'educated guess' at the birth year (IOW, think about when her first foal was born and then subtract about 5 years). If you do that, PLEASE make a note in the comments section that the year is unconfirmed and needs to be verified.

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Postby Miesque1973 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:38 pm

madelyn wrote:Auteuil ('53 model) IS in the database..

Hee! Yeah, I finally got him in, after a number of tries. 'Auteuil4' finally worked.

~Miesque