Broodmare sire list

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Broodmare sire list

Postby skeenan » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:50 am

Is there a way to utilize (or modify) the database to be able to call up a list of horses that have a particular sire as a broodmare sire?

I would find it helpful, as I am looking at broodmare prospects and would like to see this relationship as I'm researching each mare's pedigree. One stallion I'm researching (Notebook) is deceased, so it's difficult to find info on him. He's not on the broodmare sire list, so I'd love to be able to see if any mares of his are being used as broodmares and what their progeny lists look like.

Thanks!! :D

Nessa
Grade III Winner

Postby Nessa » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:44 am

I don't know of a function that would do this currently, it would most certainly be helpful wouldn't it. But be that as it may, you can put in Notebook's name and bring up his progeny. Then separate them so that you only have the females using the filter function at the top. You can sort them by year so that you have the oldest first, at the same time sort them by year using the sort by function. You can then sort the mares by broodmare sire(click broodmare sire) check their offspring to see how they've done at the track and to see which BMS has been most effective with Notebook mares. Good Luck.
Nu

milesm
2yo Maiden

Postby milesm » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:10 pm

Yes, it's possible and I already have the programming in place actually. I took it off because it was a CPU hog using up too many resources, but there's no reason I can't bring it back for subscribers. I just forgot it was there.

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Postby skeenan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:52 pm

That would be great!! :D
Thanks!!

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:06 pm

milesm wrote:Yes, it's possible and I already have the programming in place actually. I took it off because it was a CPU hog using up too many resources, but there's no reason I can't bring it back for subscribers. I just forgot it was there.

Miles,
For us mare owners, broodmare sire function was the most fascinating aspect of Albin Warth's pedigree query. Would be most appreciative if it were returned to subscribers, I might actually sign-up for a year at a time if it were included in a subscription, I've been signing up a month at a time for a few, but when my obsessive compulsive nature turns from horse pedigrees to my waterfowl hobby which it does for about half the year before I switch back to my horse pedigree obsessive compulsion, you'll be losing bucks, would be be best to snag me for a year at a time :D

Jeff

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:56 pm

Your account has expired as of 03/18/05

If daughters of a broodmare sire is something you just arbitrarily deleted from Albin Warrth's pedigree query, and you havn't decided to re-implement it onto the pedigree query, then please let me know when it has been put back on, and I will subscribe for a year at a time. Daughters, and produce of a broodmare sire was the most fascinating aspect of pedigree query, I will be glad to re-subscribe for a year at a time when it is returned, until then I just suffer with the free query.
I always assumed that you deleted the daughters, and produce of a broodmare sire because you were receiving a kick-back from the jockey-club, because produce of a broodmare sire is one of their most lucrative sales items on equi-base. If it were a matter of just taking up too much space, since the time it was deleted, computer speed, and space have encreased exponentially. There's no good reason to keep produce of daughters of a broodmare sire off of pedigree query.

Jeff Allred