Back to Pedigree Query
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:44 pm 
Allowance Winner

I was tracing the pedigree of Miss Melbourne (1850) using the GSB and was getting frustrated because none of the Beningbrough mares I found matched her listed pedigree. (I wanted to see if there was color information on some of the unnamed mares).

Then I found the fourth edition of volume 2 (page 20), and found the mare Betsey, who matches the pedigrees! It seems that they found more information on her somewhere.

Given that, I think that Timothy Mare3 1809 and Timothy Mare2 ~1812 are one and the same.

Here's the chain:

Expectation (sister to Telemachus) Bred by the Duke of Hamilton in 1779, got by Herod, her dam by Skim-Janus-Spinster, by Crab-Widdrington Mare. Had in 1801, gr. f. Betsey by Beningbrough It is specifically noted under her dam that Betsey had a f. by Timothy.

Betsey, was got by Beningbrough, her dam Expectation, sister to Telemachus, by Herod. Had a b. f. by Timothy in 1909. (record flagged as having substantial new info in GSB 2, 4th edition).

The Timothy Mare (GSB vol3 2nd edition, page 421, GSB vol 3 3rd edition, page 271-2) was born in 1808 or 1809, her dam by Beningbrough, out of Expectation, sister to Telemachus, by Herod. She had, in 1827 a bay filly by Figaro.

The Figaro Mare (GSB 8 page 519) Bred by Mr. Thomas Sykes in 1827, her dam by Timothy-Beningbrough-Expectation by Herod. She had a br. f by Morgan Rattler in 1842, as well as a filly named Chapeau Rouge.

The Morgan Rattler Mare (GSB8 p 526-7) Bred by Mr. Kimpton in 1842, her dam, Chapeau Rouge's dam by Figaro-Timothy-Beningbrough-Expectation. Had in 1850 a b. f. Miss Melbourne

Whew!

If you concur would you merge the two Timothy mares?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:23 am 
Breeder's Cup Winner

Done.