epic fail

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

epic fail

Postby Tappiano » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:20 pm

Horse Year Color Sex Sire Dam Family
BELGIAN CANDY (USA) 2016 ch. F SIDNEYS CANDY ANOTHER G 5-a
BELGIAN CANDY (USA) 2016 ch. F SIDNEYS CANDY ANOTHER G

So is the one I bred not the same as the one I didn't breed.
If people weren't so willing to delete foals for sport this likely would not have happened.

madelyn

Re: epic fail

Postby madelyn » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:07 am

I just pulled her up and did not see what you saw - it's likely been fixed.

Is this the first winner for your mare?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:12 am

She hasn't been mine since 2016 but she is the first winner I bred. All got to the races, three got hurt in races (you might have noticed they can't handle mud?) and one just needed class relief. One is now my riding horse :wink: all 14.3 of her.

I had problems years back where every one of the foals was purposely deleted from the database :roll: so that's why I stopped adding personal information. I just didn't think they'd allow a second addition with the exact same name :lol: which is why it's an epic fail.

mehile
Maiden Special Weight

Postby mehile » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:24 pm

I had that happen too Tappiano. Years ago I added the 3 geldings my mare had before I got her. I added them all in just to have them all deleted shortly after. I never even bothered adding them back in. Oddly enough though the filly she had for me was never deleted.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:00 am

They did it every year. I know there was a crash a while back and a lot of stuff was deleted but this was after that happened. Then I'd ask them to lock the records so people couldn't delete it and ask to have it opened back up to update it. It's probably the same people who sit with this site up, wait for a race to finish and no sooner is the race official then they've updated it. I just don't know who on earth sits there and stalks sires and as soon as one is named they delete it for sport.

I never understood why they were very lazy when it comes to how they control what is added/deleted. It's one thing if a horse is renamed as it shows they are two distinct names but to allow more than one with the identical name when its the same sire and dam is incredibly poor master database design. There's also no reason why they should allow horses like Ruffian to have offspring every time someone feels like it, and it took someone gelding Storm Cat to get them to build something in to stop that. All it would take is one simple field of one character in length that would prevent offspring from being added. Given that they are "for profit" and seek to get people to pay for access you'd think they try to be more accurate than they are. They are the easiest to access but the least reliable around.