is this a breeding resource?

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

perryT200
Weanling

is this a breeding resource?

Postby perryT200 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:03 pm

because if it is it is killing me. my associate has a Lookin At Lucky mare. Aside from her half brother being awarded the Kentucky Derby last year, and Luckys mare's having a great AEI, we're talking about spending potentially thousands of dollars in stud fees and some of the info is crap. go to the hypothetical breeding between Mineshaft and Looking at Edy as shown on Equineline.

There are two MAJOR flaws. Equineline says that Mineshaft has two foals of racing age out of Lookin at Lucky mares. Neither show up in the database. so if there is a better resource than this somebody please tell me.

The second is if you go in interactive nicking and see Mineshaft over Smartstrike mares Equineline says that 17 mares had 20 foals. Look up Mineshaft on the database and it says he had 10 mares with 11 foals. I can't make a recommendation using the numbers from here. Missing 7 mares and 9 foals is breach of responsibility if I use this sites information in making a recommendation.

madelyn

Re: is this a breeding resource?

Postby madelyn » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:24 am

This database is managed by its users so it is highly possible that no one entered the missing horses. I would trust equineline's numbers. In the case of Looking at Edy, she is not actually related to Country House. Horses are only considered related through their dams. To get a fuller perspective of your options for this mare, who was a very modest runner, you might look at her dam who produced a pretty nice horse by Whywhywhy (Mr Greeley/Gone West line) and you might want to include Speightstown or sons in your net of prospectives. For this mare's first foal, though, if I were making the recommendation it would be not to overspend on the stud fee for that first baby.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:38 am

Pedigree wise Shadwell has a new horse Qurbaan that I like a lot for Looking at Edy.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

perryT200
Weanling

Postby perryT200 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:29 pm

I'm sorry. I just get frustrated at bad data from time to time. IRL I'm a stock broker, it happens.

Technically I don't have a horse. I guess I do own a fetus due May the 6th. My associate owns the mare and he is breeding her back after the foal, as I decided to not get to deep into this. We do have an understanding that I can breed her again after that if I desire.

Which unless we're all dead or the stock market is zero is probably a good chance.

Edy and two English Channel mares are going somewhere at Calumet. The big money is going to be spent at one breeding to Lemon Drop Kid at Lane's End. The contracts have already been signed. They're my associates horses and I don't know all the specifics.

But like I said incomplete information just makes me a little uncomfortable.