Too many horses locked

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Too many horses locked

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:47 pm

Going over horses a century ago, every-day horses, claimers, platers, etc, and so many are locked.

Supposedly, "great" horses with "great" wins like the Derby and Preakness were the ones that would automatically be locked.

Sometimes, the truly great horses ARE NOT locked, which is OK with me, as sometimes hardly any info on them is offered.

But then, I run across almost daily some nobody horse that is locked. Mysteriously. Without much, if any, info on them. And highly, highly annoying.

Again, these are horses long gone, so the argument that someone will be offended or sold short because it's THEIR horse getting bad info, is specious.

Sure would be nice, also, if we had a flag BEFORE writing alot on a locked horse! The flag never comes until you're ready to update info! Also highly annoying. Timing of the flag message is all wrong.

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Re: Too many horses locked

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:44 am

Another one that really bugs me:

JUNE BUG, 1915.

Why is she even locked?

Irritating because the locked info states that she is unraced, but clearly in 1918 DRF she has at least 10 races to her credit in the past performances for Saratoga, and she was once ridden by Clarence Kummer (HOF).

Wrong info like that needs to be altered - it is shameful a horse is called "unraced" when she WAS.

Ridiculous otherwise that a "no-account" horse like this should be locked.