Linebreeding - AGR

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Easy
Newborn

Linebreeding - AGR

Postby Easy » Tue May 03, 2005 4:25 am

Can anybody name me a source where I can find something about the "AGR"-data given in the linebreeding stats in the data base?

milesm
2yo Maiden

Postby milesm » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:25 am

It's a sub calculation that's used to generate the coefficient of inbreeding number. The only place I've seen it referred to is in hard core genetics books and I saw it online in a PDF document. Lot of math here, but it stands for Additive Genetic Relationship

http://web.archive.org/web/200703071549 ... /LRS11.pdf

Lot of pretty complicated math there. The number is basically the same as the blood %, but it takes into account inbred relatives included further back in the pedigree and weighs them into the calculation. Let's use my favorite example of inbreeding, Real Quiet. You can take a look at the AGR & Blood % of Dr. Fager. The AGR of Dr. Fager is 21.94% and the Blood % is 18.75. The reason that the AGR is a bit higher is due to inbreeding in Dr. Fager's pedigree. He's doubled up on Bull Dog which means he probably has a higher concentration of his genes and the fact that RQ is doubled up on Dr. Fager concentrates this genetic material a bit more. So the AGR number takes into consideration extra factors. All the AGR numbers get boiled down into the Coefficient of Inbreeding number.