Weird glitch regarding adding new comments

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Sunday Silence

Weird glitch regarding adding new comments

Postby Sunday Silence » Thu May 05, 2005 2:34 pm

I've tried to add new comments for horses on the pedigree query for the past two days, but they are not showing up. They used to show up immediately.

Any ideas?

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Re: Weird glitch regarding adding new comments

Postby Sam » Thu May 05, 2005 3:08 pm

Sunday Silence wrote:I've tried to add new comments for horses on the pedigree query for the past two days, but they are not showing up. They used to show up immediately.

Any ideas?

You have to be logged in to change something in the comments field now.

But nowhere else.

It's really pretty stupid since the comments field is the LEAST of the problems with the site.

The REAL problems are with whomever the jackass is who keeps going in and either re-writting the stakes information (which we are TRYING to keep as it appears in the APR -- IOW. "At 2 Won Futurity S. -G1") or completely deleting it outright. Then there is someone (probably the same prick) who goes in, deletes all the foal stats and puts "as of xx/xx/xx" dates in the earnings cell .. which is ALSO not suppose to be happening.

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Thu May 05, 2005 3:11 pm

What the hell?

We can't even edit our posts in the message board now?

At any rate .. to expand on how completely stupid it is that the comments section is locked down and nothing else is .. fully HALF of the Derby field had everything deleted from their stakes field within the last 3 days. I corrected some of it last night, but I got too pissed off and stopped after about an hour.

Sunday Silence

Postby Sunday Silence » Thu May 05, 2005 4:42 pm

I am logged in but they still won't take. I tried to add that Somethingroyal "died at age 31" but it didn't work.

How odd....

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat May 21, 2005 8:20 am

Something I have noticed, while working feverishly to update my mares ancestors, is this. If you click on a horse in another horse's pedigree to bring up that horse, and then click on "Edit information" the horse's name disappears from the top and anything you enter in the information fields does NOT update. If, however, once you have the horse's pedigree up, you click Horse Query first and then edit the information fields, the changes take.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....