Question on reading the pedigrees

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Gayle66
Suckling

Question on reading the pedigrees

Postby Gayle66 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:22 am

Hi. I am new to the TB database, and am wondering if someone could tell me what the letters and numbers stand for beside the horses name on the pdigrees? For Example, across the top of the pedigree, it would read the horses name, sex, birth year, then DP and some numbers, then DI, some numbers, and CD and a number. What are the DP, DI, and CD mean?

Thanks!!

Gayle

BJ
Horse of the Year

Re: Question on reading the pedigrees

Postby BJ » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:16 pm

Gayle66 wrote:Hi. I am new to the TB database, and am wondering if someone could tell me what the letters and numbers stand for beside the horses name on the pdigrees? For Example, across the top of the pedigree, it would read the horses name, sex, birth year, then DP and some numbers, then DI, some numbers, and CD and a number. What are the DP, DI, and CD mean?

Thanks!!

Gayle

DP=Dosage Profile
DI=Dosage Index
CD= Center of Distribution

A good website to read up on these terms and how they relate to pedigree is http://www.chef-de-race.com/ . There you will find out what many other "letters" in the pedigree mean, i.e., [B], [I], [C], [S], [P] in the boxes after the horse's year of birth.

Gayle66
Suckling

Postby Gayle66 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:30 pm

Thanks. I will read through that website and learn learn learn!! :-)
Gayle