auto downloading turn it off please

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

yukidragon
Starters Handicap

auto downloading turn it off please

Postby yukidragon » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:20 am

As of today, everytime I open a page on your website.
im spammed by a download of a file named- showads.js.php.
Thank you.
Yukidragon

yukidragon
Starters Handicap

Postby yukidragon » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:01 pm

This problem is still present/current.
maybe if I save every download an email them back they will fix this problem.
One more problem to list.
everytime a hidden guest is on you can access the linebreeding of both parents in hypomating.
It will only give one either dam or sire not both.
Thank you.

yukidragon
Starters Handicap

Postby yukidragon » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:02 pm

This problem is still present/current.
maybe if I save every download an email them back they will fix this problem.
One more problem to list.
everytime a hidden guest is on you can't access the linebreeding of both parents in hypomating.
It will only give one either dam or sire not both.
Thank you.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:35 am

You aren't being spammed or botted. Showads.js.php loads the equinenow banner ad at the top of the pq page, right side. Am not sure what you mean re. hidden guest & checking the linebreeding stats for a hypomating, but I just did a hypo & the linebreeding option appeared to be functioning normally.

austique
Grade I Winner

Postby austique » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:41 pm

I have the issue with the linebreeding as well although I didn't know it was related to hidden guests. In fact I am having this issue right now.
I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else. ~ Daria

yukidragon
Starters Handicap

Postby yukidragon » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:57 pm

my trash can is full of showads.js.php files.
Someone needs to update this website bad.
I believe Miles must be away or something All the problems I listed are still current.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:59 am

austique wrote:I have the issue with the linebreeding as well although I didn't know it was related to hidden guests. In fact I am having this issue right now.

I may be wrong, but I don't think it has anything to do w/ "hidden guests", in fact I'm not sure guests can be hidden.

I just ran a couple of hypo's and checked the linebreeding on the hypo foals, as well as sire & dam, while 6 registered users, 3 hidden users, and 5 guests were showing present on the message board. I used the pulldown from main menu to get the lb on the foal, and right-clicked their names from the hypo pedigree to get the lb on sire & dam. All came up correctly.

I *have* run into 'issues' w/ the linebreeding function if, for instance, I pull up the lb report for a hypo, then enter a name at the top of that page and try to pull up an individual lb report that way. It doesn't come out right, so if I want to run an individual lb after a hypo, I 'clear' the cache or whatever by going back to the main pq page, and then selecting lb from the main pulldown.

Yukidragon - are you aware that a lot of your posts turn up in duplicate? The equinenow ads do *not* install anything malicious on your computer, and iirc equinenow is Miles' 'baby' and it was his idea to include the banner at the top of the db and msg. board pages. It's actually rather handy for users looking to buy. At any rate, the equinenow banner is something everyone - paid members, hidden members, and guests - who uses the db and/or msg. board has to live with. The problem you're having w/ them is probably related to your browser's script settings.

yukidragon
Starters Handicap

Postby yukidragon » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:47 am

the reason for the duplicates is there no edit link on the page.
for which I mis-spelled a word or two.

As for the problem im having w/ them is probably related to my browser's script settings.
Is total BS!
This site is the only one of hundreds I visit every week that downloads a
BS spam/junk/ad file automatically.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:53 am

Yuki, rather than replying as your last message deserves, I'll just say go google "showads.js.php" (note the utter lack of hits having anything to do with warnings about spam, spyware, adware, etc.) and do a whois on pedigreequery.com and equinenow.com - or just address your concerns to webmasterATpedigreequeryDOTcom and webmasterATequinenowDOTcom, substituting @ for AT and . for DOT.

yukidragon
Starters Handicap

Postby yukidragon » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:06 pm

For your infomation.
Showads.js.php file is not spam.
But for myself I consider any unwanted automatic download file spam.

syndeis
Yearling

Postby syndeis » Thu May 04, 2006 7:51 pm

yuki,

I did a search for that file since I visit this site often. I find the file in my Tempory internet folder. Is that where the file downloads for you are is it loading somewhere else?

yukidragon
Starters Handicap

Postby yukidragon » Sat May 13, 2006 2:14 am

the showads.js.php where downloading to my desk top .
Almost every new page I opened I got another file.
Someone must have fixed it it does'nt do it anymore.