Changing Time Zone Setting

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Roguelet

Changing Time Zone Setting

Postby Roguelet » Thu May 18, 2006 9:03 am

OK, I want to ask this and hopefully get someone to tell me how to do it right before I just go in there and guess, and potentially screw something up.

Indiana legislators apparently felt that the daylight savings time issue was of utmost importance in our state during their last session :roll: so now we're on daylight savings time, when our time never used to change. However, all the pre-set time zone things still have Indiana as not changing times, and now we do. So, whereas the times of posts used to be correct for me, now they are an hour off. This is by no means the end of the world, but it is annoying and I hate having to THINK about adding an hour to the post times to see when a post was really made.

So, any of you know how to delve into the program and change the Indiana time zone setting, or is that something I just need to ask the bigwigs to do from the "backside" of the site?

Thanks!
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Thu May 18, 2006 10:45 am

You're going to have to do it manually in your profile and adjust it each time it changes.

Go in to your profile and scroll down to the bottom where it says "Timezone." I think Indiana is now considered 3 hours ahead of me so you should set it to "GMT -4."

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri May 19, 2006 5:54 am

Thanks, Sam... Done. Now let's see if it works and the correct time gets posted with this message. It must've been another board that I was thinking of where you pick your time zone, and now the "Indiana" zone is incorrect... gotta go figure out which one that is now. :lol:

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri May 19, 2006 5:55 am

YAY!

It worked! :P