Just found a new first cousin Grade 1 winner

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Just found a new first cousin Grade 1 winner

Postby henthorn » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:13 pm

While researching the families of my mare Hop to It, I was trying to discover any clues to stallion choices, using the duplication of Flight Bird in her fourth generation. :?: I had already considered Dixieland Band and his sons :idea: with the duplication of Traffic Judge between them.

:shock: Lo and behold, Hop to It's grandmother (dam of Bien Bien) is also grandmother to Sharp Lisa, a rising star in the 3yo filly division, 2005 Gr1 and Gr2 winner by Dixieland Band. :P 8) :twisted:

Hop is set to go to Petionville this year already, but I may have to be on the lookout for DB's sons next year, if not the old man himself. :D
Rocking H

Keith
Grade III Winner

There are horse you could consider next year.

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:28 pm

Offlee Wild's second dam is Andover Way the dam of Dynaformer the broodmare sire of Sharp Lisa. He is still running this year but he will be standing at stud next year. I was at Suffolk and saw him win the Massachusetts H. He is by Wild Again. A nice son of Dixieland Band at a reasonable price is Bowman's Band and crossed with your mare would line breed on brothers His Majesty and Graustark giving you a 5x5 cross on the legendary mare Flower Bowl. Other young studs by Dixieland Band include Hook and Ladder and Jazz Club. You may consider Dixieland Heat for $2500 in Louisiana. There is also Dixie Dot Com in California and he is by Dixie Brass and from the family of Siphonic. He is standing for $6,000. If you want to spend money you may consider Monarchos who is out of a Dixieland Band mare and traces back to On the Trail the 2nd dam of Dynaformer.

Keith

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:04 pm

Thanks, Keith. I just love the way different research points to similar or related matings. Brainstorming is so helpful. I'll tuck that away.

Sorry, but I've now got this thread going on the general discussion forum as well. See others' input there.
Rocking H