Need advice on these crosses-

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

Busanda
Yearling

Need advice on these crosses-

Postby Busanda » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:56 pm

With the mare Warm Allegation (Tabasco Cat) i'm thinking of either shipping her to Fl or Ca. In Fl I really like Anasheed with her and in Cal i'm thinking along the lines of Jackpot. I think both have a stallion's pedigree. Anyone seen them in person? I know Anasheed was a very expensive yearling.

I also will be sending Arikara (Mutakddim) down to Fl. I like the cross with Omega Code. He was a talented runner and the foal should be a real fast 2 yo. Hopefully the pinhookers will agree. Another i'm thinking is Alajwad. Love the family but the race record is scary. Although I heard he looks like a million bucks in person.

I also have a mare who is foaling real late this year so she wont be bred but i'm loving the cross with Saarland-- her name is Avice Caro. The Unbridled/Caro cross obviously worked with Unbridled's Song and another way to go is via Storm Cat/Caro although i'm not in love with any of his sons in KY with her on paper.

Any thoughts and suggestions?

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:50 am

Alajwad should look like a million dollars; he was a $5.5 million sales yearling. I'm hoping to be able to visit Lou-Roe Farm this weekend and take a look at him and the other stallions there.

I assume you are breding with commercial sales in mind?
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

freddymo
Maiden Special Weight

Postby freddymo » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:02 am

I looked at the pedigree of your Arikara... I love Phipps history and Mutakdimm wreaks of Phipps. I think breeding her to an emerging Storm Cat son would be Idea. Seeking to Storm Cat is Golden. Stormy Atlantic, Forest Wildcat (phipps used FW with I think heavenly prized or verse treaty recently) might be a good spot. Do you have budget in mind? Any thoughts on that line? Alajwad is storm cat with unreal pedigree but he never ran much.

Inish Glora
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Inish Glora » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:21 am

I didn't look at him intensely, but I remember Jackpot as being average height, light build, a little offset (can't remember if one side is worse than the other), and toes in a tad. He's got a friendly, sweet temperment. Just average, nothing terrible about him.

Reviewer
Suckling

Postby Reviewer » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:03 pm

Busanda,

I see where your mare Warm Allegations traces tail female to Busanda. I can see that with Jackpot you would be breeding her to a stallion who is also tail female to Busanda (in the 6th generation).
If you are trying to keep the Rasmussen Factor in mind, then in California Memo might be a good choice. Not only do you get the RF with Busanda but you also get 5x6 to Somethingroyal. Another that will get you the RF through Busanda is Lit De Justice. They are both higher priced than Jackpot however, with Memo at 7.5K and Lit De Justice at 5K.
My main concern with the Jackpot/Warm Allegations match is that both the stallion and mare are unproven as of yet. My personal opinion would be to send an unproven mare to a proven stallion. JMHO.

Reviewer