First time mom (me) can you tell me bout the hypathical foal

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

2Laz2Race
Newborn

First time mom (me) can you tell me bout the hypathical foal

Postby 2Laz2Race » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:28 pm

Dam: Emerald Verse
Sire: Cowboy Carson

I'm not a racehorse trainer or breeder and I obtained this mare 7mo pregnant.
I've never met an OTTB I didn't like

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi

Cowboy Carson only made one start, but is a full sibling to the stakes winner and sire, Lord Carson. The dam, Emerald Verse, had a race record of 31-6-4-2 ($46,384), and is a half sibling to 9 winners. She was best sprinting on dirt. She won in the mud, and placed on the grass. Her dam, Sheckiama was stakes placed, and a half sister to the stakes winner, September Splendor, and to the stakes placed winner, Supreme Splendor. I would expect the foal to take after her mother as far as aptitudinal ranges go. The hypo mating presents a well balanced conduit mare profile that may allow the foal to stretch out some as he/she matures. I wouldn't count on getting much as a sales prospect, but as a breed to race type there is potential. Cowboy Carson has a couple of decent runners so far (one stakes placed) from limited opportunities.

Good luck.

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

2Laz2Race
Newborn

Thank you!!

Postby 2Laz2Race » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:35 pm

I have no plans to race the baby (I wouldn't even know where to start!!!) but pedigrees interest me. I'll most likely give him away if someone wants to race him or keep him for a riding horse :D
I've never met an OTTB I didn't like