Thoughts on a stallion for this mare (Indiana)

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

Skipitgirl
Restricted Stakes Winner

Thoughts on a stallion for this mare (Indiana)

Postby Skipitgirl » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:51 am

Just for fun, I was wondering who you guys would breed this mare to. Stallion in Indiana prefered and under $5000.

Granja Joyel

I had someone ask If I would lease her out for the 2010 season but I dont see her as a race producer as she didnt do much. Maybe Im wrong. She has no TB foals as yet and has 1 previous foal by a Hannovarian stallion and is currently in foal to AQHA stallion.

Just curious. They were talking Civilization (I know he is in WV) but were also talking about getting an Indiana bred. Thoughts?

Thanks. I learn so much from you guys!

pleasantcolony
Weanling

Postby pleasantcolony » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:38 pm

I like her with Saintly Look (St. Ballado out of a Roman Majesty mare) $3,500

Commemorate (Exclusive Native out of a Never Bend mare) not sure of his stud fee

Hunting Hard (Seeking the Gold out of Nijinsky mare) $3,000

Leelanau (Carson City out of a Kris S mare) $1,000

Moro Oro (Moro out of a Princely Native mare) $1,000

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 am

I have two 3 YO Civilisation geldings that are just getting started and I will take their dams back to him in 2010. He has a awsome pedigree and tends to throw a very good disposition. His get do tend to mature late so be prepared to give them time to develope.

The Breeder's bonus for WVBREDs at Mountainer was 80% last year and the Owner's bomus was 40%.. That's a 120% bonus if you are breeding-to-race and both Mountaineer and Charles Town are reqired to offer two WVBRED ONLY races per meet.

The WVBRED's bonus program at Charles Town is good but not that good; however, CTown is voting on table gambling this summer which should increase their revenue.

This mare has a decent tail femail. Her dam is stakes place and she is half to a stakes placed horse.. In addition her second dam was a stakes winner..

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:04 am

We are not IN Indiana, but I have specials for 2009 breeding season for Indiana mares - copied from another thread:

I've offered quite a few incentives for Rocking Trick the 2009 breeding season. For Indiana breeders, I've offered a stud fee of $250 plus tax, if paid at the time of cover and I am named co-breeder of the resulting Indiana bred foal. For states other than KY, his fee is reduced to $1000 + tax, paid at time of cover, or $2000 + tax paid by September 1 of year bred with no co-breeder requirements.

I've donated seasons to states offering stallion stakes programs, so his 2010 crop will be eligible for the Georgia Stallion Stake Series, the Indiana Stallion Stakes, Minnesota, etc.

KY breeders are welcome to contact me to ask about specials for in state mares.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:13 am

Hi

Rocking Trick does look good for this mare as does Private Lap at Atalanta Acres. I love the Sassafras in the mare's pedigree.

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:25 am

Thanks, Bill.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:46 am

Many thanks from this corner as well, Bill. :D

PM me if you have any questions about Private Lap!

By the way, you could get an Indiana-bred Civilisation out of her in 2010 if you foaled in Indiana and either had her here by Nov. 1st or bred her back.

Also by the way, most of the stallions mentioned here have seasons for sale through the ITOBA auction; you might check it out if you make your breeding decision by Sunday, when the auction ends. :wink:
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:10 pm

By the way, people are giving away TB mares now and you may want to make these guys a low ball offer to buy instead of leasing this mare.

griff

PS: You may also want to think about this trend befor getting started in this business

g
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

Skipitgirl
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Skipitgirl » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:41 pm

I want to thank everyone for their responses.

Griff, although I had her for sale, I have decided to hang onto her as she is too nice of a ride and frankly, I just love her LOL!