insight on 4X4 bold ruler mare

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

shoopic
Suckling

insight on 4X4 bold ruler mare

Postby shoopic » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:00 am

She is out of a Sir Ivor mare. Louisina bred, so I am kinda looking to stay here with her. She is in foal to a son of Wild Again, out of a AP Indy mare, due mid Feb. Your suggestions will be appreciated. Her sire is by
Mamaison.
thanx
Brian

TomFool
Allowance Winner

Postby TomFool » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:51 am

What is your mares name? Being out of a Sir Ivor mare sure sounds good. I as well am a Louisiana breeder & without knowing anything I will just give you the best stallions or stallion prospects in La IMO. You cant beat Zarbyev up & down he has been the overall best sire in La over the past few years. The best horse in La IMO is Worldly Ways. He is the only son of champion Generous in the US to my knowledge & out of a very good Secretarait mare. He made just over 500k & had enough speed to run 6 & 1/2 in 14 & change. A friend of mine has a yearling filly by him that looks to be of much quality. He is not a La type horse so I dont know how things will work out but he fits what I want to do very well. With you saying your mare is 4x4 Bold Ruler the first horse that came to mind is Valid Belfast who is by Valid Appeal out of a good enough hard knocking family. VB himself ran for quiet a few years. He is a sleeper & is being very well recieved. Another that may be worth a look at 1k is Mr John I remember Elliot Walden having him & thinking highly of him. He is from a very fast family being a half to the very good sprinter Texas Glitter among others.

Rick
Allowance Winner

Postby Rick » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:20 am

I assume your mare is I'll Telluwhat. I would look at Afternoon Deelites. That would give you an RF with Secratariat and Sir Gaylord. Also you would bring together half sibs Menow and Salamania.

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:51 pm

Afternoon Delites is worth every penny of 4K

Cathy D
Allowance Winner

Postby Cathy D » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:47 am

I like Rick's choice of Afternoon Delites. The cross of Menow and Salmania plus more Bold Ruler/Princequillo worked in Secret Hello.