Hennessy mare

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

drsamurai
Weanling

Hennessy mare

Postby drsamurai » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:58 pm

Thanks for the opinions on my El Prado mare. Now I'd love an opinion on my newest mare "Our Time To Shine" by Hennessy/Regina's Time. She is a solidly built 16 hands. Again, this will be "breed to race" Louisiana bred. My leanings are toward Porto Foricos, Brahms, My Friend Max, and Zarbyev. What fits best and why? What makes more sense for this mare or my other mare "Rahy Time." With three turf tracks now operating and an abundance 6 furlong dirt horses across the state, I like the niche of the turf miler. Thanks in advance.

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:44 pm

Zarbeyv is a late developing sire. His runners dont get cranked up till 4-5 yrs of age.

hpkingjr

Statement

Postby hpkingjr » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:12 pm

I really like a turf son of Slew named Statement. 900K yearling, won about 400K on the grass. Stands in LA.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php? ... +TO+SHINE2

drsamurai
Weanling

Postby drsamurai » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:52 pm

I agree with Zarbyev and the late maturity. I am leaning toward My Friend Max or All Gone with Our Time To Shine and Porto Foricos or Brahms with Rahy Time. I am tempted to send Rahy Time to Tenpins and take advantage of the similarities with the Curlin/Rachel Alexandra mating. :lol: Maybe even Grindstone/Our Time To Shine. Nah, I'll probably just stick to Louisiana boys.

noworriesfarm
Yearling

Postby noworriesfarm » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Zarbyev is really getting on in years- I'd be very careful sending a mare to him- looks like he only had 5 foals in 2008 from 17 mares bred.
I really like My Friend Max, he will put some substance on your foal. Come and see my Max filly, she will be in the Monroe sale in September!

drsamurai
Weanling

Postby drsamurai » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:29 pm

I'm having a change of heart and considering taking advantage of Stonewall Farms state bred program. If so, I would send "Our Time To Shine" to A P Warrior and send "Rahy Time" to Doneraille Court, Leroidesanimaux, or Da Stoops. Anyone have any sage wisdom or advice on this option? Thanks.

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Re: Hennessy mare

Postby SIXSAINT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:39 am

drsamurai wrote:Thanks for the opinions on my El Prado mare. Now I'd love an opinion on my newest mare "Our Time To Shine" by Hennessy/Regina's Time. She is a solidly built 16 hands. Again, this will be "breed to race" Louisiana bred. My leanings are toward Porto Foricos, Brahms, My Friend Max, and Zarbyev. What fits best and why? What makes more sense for this mare or my other mare "Rahy Time." With three turf tracks now operating and an abundance 6 furlong dirt horses across the state, I like the niche of the turf miler. Thanks in advance.

I am Bloodstock Agent Based in Fla currently in North Texas....
www.starquine.com
Hello,look at my listings ALAAZO, MALT MAGIC, MASSIVE DRAMA, HALO NAJIB, E Z WARRIOR, ASPEN RIDGE... ** PASS INFO along....

I recommend you Breed her to either HALO NAJIB OR MASSIVE DRAMA in Indiana... Program is Excellent and i placed these 2 Stallion for ZAYAT STABLES along with 3 others.. You can Nick mare Free @ TRUENICKs.com

Contact myself If Anyt ..?? ok Also U can BId today until 8pm on Seasons for as Littlle as $250.. Yes $250 @ www.Starquine.com
also BID @ www.gtoba.com Jan 11th I have SAME Stallions Listed...

also my site www.st-amandbloodstock.net :D