Which stallion?

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

tmqh
2yo Maiden

Which stallion?

Postby tmqh » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:42 pm

Musical Wildcat needs a man. I have it narrowed down to two...Unforgettable Max or Parading. This will be a breed to race and needs to stay under $5K. I went and looked at both today and they both have pros and cons, but Unforgettable Max really impressed me with his substance. Any advice?
Or if anyone has another suggestion that fits those criteria.
Thanks in advance.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:38 pm

This may not be useful advice, but if I were breeding to race my first criteria would be that the stallion must have proven that he can sire good racehorses and neither of the stallions you've chosen fit that bill.

hpkingjr

stallion

Postby hpkingjr » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:48 am

LB wrote:This may not be useful advice, but if I were breeding to race my first criteria would be that the stallion must have proven that he can sire good racehorses and neither of the stallions you've chosen fit that bill.

Agree totally with LB but if you want to go unproven look at this hypo:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php? ... lor=000000

Showing Up is in several stallion auctions or I'm guessing Adena would work with you.
Give the Pope and the King of England a horse and in thirty days, they'll be stealing halters.

tmqh
2yo Maiden

Postby tmqh » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:50 am

Thanks, I guess?? UM oldest crop is now 3 yrs old and obviously Paradings 1st yr standing. Looking to get in on the ground floor and she nicks well with both. Gotta take a chance with the small budget I have. If YOU think neither of those two would work, any suggestions?

wen8t
Maiden Special Weight

breeding

Postby wen8t » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:45 am

I would stay with the AP Indy line stallions with this mare , Flatter , Shaniko, and or the Pulpit sons, Parading, Sightseeing, Nathon Fox will give you a good deal on Sightseeing , theres no way I would breed to Unforgettable Max